Author Topic: Where can I buy a Rohrbaugh??  (Read 6155 times)

Offline dhwhitetx

Re: Where can I buy a Rohrbaugh??
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 11:51:12 PM »
Thanks Tom!  These Forum guys were right, you are the man to contact for a Rohrbaugh firearm!   ;D

Don

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »
If I haven't done so, welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on getting an order for an R9.  You'll now be counting the days till it arrives.   :)    :)  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 08:32:36 AM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline clarman

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 11:12:08 AM »
I have a new in box r9s stealth for sale 1050.00 plus shipping

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
clarman

Are you a dealer?  I am curious because R9 owners usually don't part with their guns.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 03:30:54 PM »
ACP.  I recall, you did; but you did say usually.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »
Correct, but I sold it to help finance a Stealth that was already in play with Tom Watson. I then bought the CF grip early gun on gunbroker, so I own two R9s at the present time.

Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »
With due respect, I recall you sold an early Farmingdale as you've mentioned several times.  Anyway, glad you now have two.  I'd have two if I can find an early mint,  never fired, with CF grips, blue or black with sights, Farmingdale.   Don't want much; but if I'm wanting, I can want for the rarest.

Maybe someone will read this and give me a call.  Right, I know that will happen.  However.................stranger things have happened.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »
Again, correct. I had a Farmingdale one tone gun (in 300 S/N range) that I sold two years ago. That is the one that got away that I miss the most.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »
Since I've learned about the Farmingdale, I/ve been searching.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 07:17:15 PM by kjtrains »

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »
You are not alone. Selling my Farmingdale gun was not  one of my great moments. The only mitigating factor is that when I sold my Farmingdale, to buy a vintage Winchester, I was unaware that CF grips and one tone frame/slide would no longer be available.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2009, 09:45:06 PM »
Do you still have the Winchester?

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »
No. It was a beauty, though. It was a model 55, with half magazine, deluxe wood in 25-35 caliber.

The good news is that I made money on the transaction.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2009, 09:59:58 AM »
It is good to make a profit.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »
Yeah; profit is good. However, you can probably tell from my posts that I buy and sell a lot. Not a problem when you are making money or heading toward something you reallly want. But there are too many times when I wish I had not sold a gun and lived to regret it. My early Farmingdale R9, vintage Colt .38 Super in orginal box, ASP.....the list goes on.

Offline dhwhitetx

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 06:49:07 PM »
My FFL dealer called today from Albuquerque and said my new Stealth R9 had been delivered.  I'll pick it up Monday.  I'm excited  ;D  Thanks again Mr. Tom --- you are a saint and a helluva nice fellow!