Author Topic: R9S issues  (Read 6100 times)

Offline fgunnr

Re: R9S issues
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 01:00:33 PM »
Got to the range today with 115gr speer gold dots.  Three mags with a minor FTE on the first round.  So happy with this 6 year old gun, finally.  So stupid to have tried to make silvertips work for so long.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 01:06:47 PM »
fgunnr.  Definitely good to use what works best in your R9.    :)   Some R9's have a preference; others don't.  I've never had a problem with 115 gr. Silvertips and never had to try anything else; now that's just me and I'm sure some others.

Stick with the Gold Dots as I'm sure you will.  Thanks for the update.  
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:23:23 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 07:03:18 PM »
Fgunnr,

I am glad you gave your R9 a second chance. Have fun "dialing" it in! The Gold Dot's are fantastic. I have used them for years. If you find they do work the best in your R9, I would suggest you buy in bulk. Hopefully you can get them all from the same lot.
 The R9 is a fantastic carry pistol. It deserves to be in your pocket not your safe.

Robar233

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
Yep love them Gold Dots & another favorite of mine is the Winchester Ranger ammo. :D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
TRe: R9S issues
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »
My Robar R9 is coming home from the hospital tomorrow after I experienced some problems on the range the week before last. After a ftf, my slide became frozen and I found it impossible to work.

The problem commenced with a squibb(sp?) round and got worse from then on. The information gleened from this string is helpful and I thank those who made recommendations.

The factory, unsurprisingly, has performed well and I am on a countdown to happiness.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
Love that happy feeling; knowing when you get it back, the Robar will be as new.  Been there with the Seecamp.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 12:44:26 PM »
ACP, i love a happy ending.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline fgunnr

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 01:12:26 PM »
When back to the range today and fired 3 mags(speer 115gr GDHP) with no FTF or FTE.

I did have one round fail to fire.  Pulled the trigger again and bang.

Offline RickP

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 05:40:43 PM »
fgunnr

Since your Pup, like mine, loves Gold Dots you might like to try Speer Lawman TMJ practice ammo for range work. It is designed to replicate the performance of Gold Dots at about half the price, allowing you to practice with what you carry without denting the wallet too badly. A nice system. I get them from Ammo-To-Go.

Good to hear your Pup is running well now.

Rick

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 08:34:55 PM »
RickP,

Thanks for the tip on the TMJ lawman ammo! I will give them a try as I am getting low on W/W white box.
 Robar233

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 05:38:37 PM »
Welcome to the OP...

Being an "older" Pup,you still may want to change out your mag springs..The springs for your slide should have been updated when you sent to the R Bros..

As stated earlier,try different food for your Pup,it'll let you know what it likes to eat!!

fxgunnr-once again,Welcome..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kowski1911

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 01:53:29 PM »
they use federal champion in the red box at the rohrbaugh factory.

I am curious what ammo that Rohrbaugh uses to function test their pistols.  I too had a R9 that would not function with anything but Blaser aluminum.  Three of us tried with seven brands of ammo and never got a full magazine off.  I had a PM9 and the other two had PF9's and they all functioned 100% with the same ammo so I don't think we all were limp wristing it.

I sent the pistol back to Long Island and they said the gun functioned perfectly.  I purchased a different R9 and it is 100% through 150 rounds of the same ammo and my practice reloads.  I don't know what they used unless it was the Blaser aluminum.
kyle