Author Topic: On Line Rohrbaugh Holsters  (Read 15597 times)

Offline shooterjb

• Sharpshooter
Re: On Line Rohrbaugh Holsters
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 09:37:48 AM »
Hi R9SCarry,

Nice leather partner. It speaks for both the man who made it and the man who uses it. Thanks for sharing.

Frank

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 11:37:47 AM »
I'll chime in, since a photograph of my all-time favorite holster is already posted on the Forum.  You can see it, together with its matching magazine case, in the second post on page 2 of the "Holsters" thread just two below this one.  It's a real beauty, RJ.  Thank you!  

RS :)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dmobrien2001

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2004, 09:57:22 AM »
You can guess which pocket holster I'm going to use for my R9...

Same "brand" as for my Kahr PM9 :)

- Dan

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2004, 12:24:37 PM »
Beautiful holster.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 06:33:40 PM »
 Well, thank you George, I appreciate that,  more that you know...
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 11:07:56 PM »
My pleasure...

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2004, 03:20:17 PM »
According to Ron Graham's website forum, it looks like he's gotten the nod from Rohrbaugh and they will be selling his holsters exclusively.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2004, 04:52:59 PM »
 More power to him,  he makes a nice holster.

That's the hardest web site I have ever tried to navigate.  Not doubting you , but where  did you find it.   :-[
RJ=

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 11:02:45 PM »
K-Man:

Say what?  That sounds like an exclusive arrangement.  That wouldn't be good business, IMHO -- and the Rohrbaughs are good businessmen.  I would expect them to give the widest possible endorsement for compatible gunleather.  Are you sure?  Where did you see that?

RS
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2004, 11:43:22 PM »
This is news to me.

I know that Rohrbaugh has had discussions with several holster makers, including Ron.

But, where did you see on Ron's board any mention of an exclusive agreement?

Where you may be confused is (1) NAA has begun to carry several of Ron's holsters and have at least two more models to feature. Ron agreed not to sell any NAA holster directly that is marketed by NAA. (2) There was a post where a person wanted a Kentucky, a front pocket holster, in an exotic leather, for a Rohrbaugh and Ron replied that he had several in the works, but that in the future if Rohrbaugh carries the holster that he would then not sell the holster direct.

It makes sense to me that Rohrbaugh would be interested in Ron's products, especially his exotics, which is his high-end signature line.  But nowhere is there any post that claims that Rohrbaugh would exclusively sell his products for their products.

Now, since I'm a big, big Ron Graham fan, I would think it would be great to have an exclusive relationship (hell, I already own 40 of Ron's products, with two orders still pending), but I think that could only be a dream....

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2004, 05:57:20 AM »
Georgeh:

Glad to see you back on the forum.  I know your Ron’s biggest fan, owning some 40 holsters.  I’ve always been amazed by that level of customer loyalty/enthusiasm.  I have one customer (non-vendor) that has bought 17 or 18 of my holsters in the last 6 months.  

This was the reply by Ron Graham to the inquiry about the “Kentucky” in sharkskin for the Rohrbaugh:

“These holsters will will soon be featured "exclusively" through the Rohrbaugh site at around $89.00 in my "Signature" line.”

Perhaps I misinterpreted his statement.  In retrospect, my previous post should have said that it appears Rohrbaugh has decided to feature Ron Graham’s Signature Line holsters exclusively on their site for the R-9/R-9S.

I knew of Ron’s coup at NAA with respect to his holsters being marketed by them.  That was certainly a major accomplishment, and also a well-deserved recognition, for him.

RS:

I agree that the Rohrbaugh brothers appear to be good businessmen.  They are very decisive, and have made quality control of their gun(s) and products they sell/endorse their number one priority.  I would expect them to continue at that level until they close their doors – hopefully many years down the road.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2004, 09:05:05 AM »
Hi Kevin:

My guess is that Rohrbaugh is interested in some of Ron's exotics. That makes sense to me, since the quality of his exotics are unreal given the price. He sells some of his exotics for what Galco sells cowhide for.

But, what is this shit about you wanting to go out of the holster making business? As far as I can tell, KD was growing very well.  My guess is that there may be about 80-100 mainstream holster makers, of which maybe 6 have more than 2 designs for pocket guns.

Personal concealed carry is making the pocket pistol is the fastest growing segment in the handgun market. There is plenty of business to go around. Firearm manufacturers, like the Rohrbaugh brothers, need holster makers in order to sell their products. People, like me, will not carry a gun unless it can be carried properly and safely.

Granted, it is difficult to compete in a market dominated by guns like the Kel Tec, since a large portion of that market is drawn to the gun becaue it is cheap. You buy a cheap gun, and it makes sense that you want a cheap holster. But people who are drawn to guns like the Rohrbaugh, Seecamp, NAA Guardian's are take there guns seriously. They want serious leather.

So, don't quit.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 10:37:53 AM »
"You buy a cheap gun, and it makes sense that you want a cheap holster. But people who are drawn to guns like the Rohrbaugh, Seecamp, NAA Guardian's are take there guns seriously."   GeorgeH

George
You fail to see the beauty of the "Kel-Tec" design.  Nothing has it beat for concealment and comfort of carry,   and affordability.

Now, there are plenty of choices of more handsome pistols, for example, the NAA 380 is far more handsome that the KT- 3AT,  but the *carryability* of the KT can not be overlooked. And it is inexpensive.   Cost is a consideration, some must make.  
RJ=

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 09:36:34 PM »
Hi RJ:

You forgot to quote where I referred to that segment of the market is drawn to it because it is cheap.

Some people are drawn to the gun because it is cheap; not inexpensive-- but cheap. The same people who would buy grain alcohol instead of vodka because it is cheap.

I'm talking about the people who would recycle toilet paper and reuse it if they could. I'm not talking about people on a limited income, or those who were attracted to to the gun because it its weight, size or other reason.

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2004, 10:10:09 PM »
OK  ;D
RJ=