Author Topic: My New Snubbie....2  (Read 5486 times)

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
My New Snubbie....2
« on: September 10, 2006, 07:10:21 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 07:12:06 PM by ROKTMAN »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: My New Snubbie....2
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:13:33 PM »
Nah - that's a mouse gun - for giant mice ;D

Haha - nice piece and must be a blast to shoot.  I have not yet been tempted as my .454 and 45-70 BFR fill my cannon niche but have considered actually a short barrel .460.

Don't ''need'' it of course but ............... ;)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 09:10:18 PM »
Hey Guys and Girls,

I know this a pistol forum but with all the talk about the hand cannons lately I thought I might suggest you try shooting a gun that will satify all your curiosity and desires for a high power gun.  Pull the trigger a couple of times on a rifle chambered for the 50BMG.  FUN,FUN.FUN!  Hand cannons just won't be the same after that.  For more info. go to www.fcsa.org.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:20:01 PM »
Congrats!......sorry to be a "bad" influence... :P
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 09:41:05 PM »
RM

My brother has that exact gun and has shot it many times.  Be prepared for some heavy action.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 11:31:21 PM »
ThankSS guys .I have a couple of .454`s and a .475 Linebaugh but this seems to be another cool one.I liked this a bit better than the bear gun 2.5" and the colored grips.Another one to put in the safe and shoot sparingly I guess..he he.

That .50 BMG is awesome but alas banned fron our club.Seems it penetrates through ALL the railrod ties in the backstop. ::)

$900.00 out the door seemed like a deal based on pricing online and in the local shops here in Cincy.

MM,I am prepared .....my buddy has dies and all for reloading them.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 11:34:30 PM by ROKTMAN »

Offline Salute

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 11:55:12 PM »
Its a Beauti ROKTMAN.  If not for emergency use, I like the black grip stainless also. 4" better.

I think its about time I break thru the 44mag barrier, expand on my horizons and order a 500 too.

In a few years we'll be hearing about the 560 and 600 revolver.

Thanks Fly for stepping me up.

S

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 12:08:59 AM »
You're welcome...  First thing I'm doing when the survival kit arrives  -- is put a black grip on the pistol... ;D
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2006, 03:01:38 AM »
Its a Beauti ROKTMAN.  If not for emergency use, I like the black grip stainless also. 4" better.

I think its about time I break thru the 44mag barrier, expand on my horizons and order a 500 too.

In a few years we'll be hearing about the 560 and 600 revolver.

Thanks Fly for stepping me up.

S
Sal,I started out with the Raging Bull .454 when they first came out but quality was so so IMHO.I sold it and bought my first Model 97 .454 Casull Premier 7.5".I then got a deal on the Packer 3" .454 /.45 Colt with the dual cylinders and figured that would be my bear back up .

I then had Gary Reeder make me an engraved .475 on a Super Black Hawk frame.That is my Africa back up and the medicine for a REAL close Cape Buffalo.I haven`t had the stones to shoot a not even mildly pissed off buffalo yet....... ::)

I love the big boomers and a .44 seems so small now...as odd as that sounds.I`m 6'4' and 375 so I`m pretty much oblivious to recoil(or common sense in shooting anything big maybe) ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 03:02:17 AM by ROKTMAN »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 07:38:07 AM »
Until I can get my own .500 "snubby," may I join the circled wagons with a .50 AE and one of the "snubbist snubbies"?   ;)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 09:41:33 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »
Those DE are cool.My buddy who has a .500 has one too.A huge gun grip wise.Yours is real nice with the polished chrome or nickel and custom grips .Nice contrast with the "mouse gun"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 10:48:02 AM »
ROKTMAN:

Thanks.  The DE is finished in polished chrome with jeweled appointments.  One of my old service buddies, who maintains that traditional blueing is the only finish suitable for a handgun, derisively refers to it as "bling bling."  I just remind him that I could have ordered the thing with Titanium Gold Tiger Stripes and think I was being rather restrained in my choice of finish.  http://www.magnumresearch.com/CustomFinishes.asp  

One thing is certain, though -- my buddy doesn't attempt to make any jokes about the DE's performance.   The last time we had it at the range, by the end of the session it had destroyed the construction pallet we were using to hold the silhouette targets.  8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Salute

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »
Fly and Rok,  Please give us the report after you let these

500s speak.

Thanks,

Salute

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 04:46:12 PM »
Got mine this morning when the shop opened...he he.Got some 325 grain jacketed HP to break it in.Nothing lie the 400 grain behemouths....yet. ;D

I give a report when I shoot it.Might be a month as the car show season is still going on until middle of OCT.