Author Topic: Sig Sauer MPX/ FN 9C Compact  (Read 2933 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Sig Sauer MPX/ FN 9C Compact
« on: July 19, 2015, 01:24:02 PM »
I went to a local Gun show yesterday. I talked with some of the local LEOs. It appears that there is a feeling among LEOs that they are under powered when a situation arises like what just happened in Tennessee. Two of the LEOs I spoke with both purchased Sig MPXs...a 9mm 30 rd machine gun. ( That's what they called it ). I checked it out, and bought one too. I have attached a review of it if anyone is interested, and a pic of mine. I too have been feeling the under powered thing. I still carry my R9 everyday with an extra mag, but if I am going to the Mall or a place or event with a lot of people, I purchased a FN 9C Compact. It holds 17+1 (w/ mag ext.) or 12 +1. With an extra mag I have 36 shots. It is extremely well made, comfortable to hold, and a pleasure to shoot... 36 shots!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/03/foghorn/gun-review-sig-sauer-mpx-pistol/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:27:04 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Sig Sauer MPX/ FN 9C Compact
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 04:39:29 PM »
Gonna have to carry the MPX in a violin case at the mall!  I like the FN9C but it would be a difficult carry on a Florida summer day (93 degrees/90% humidity today).
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: Sig Sauer MPX/ FN 9C Compact
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 05:04:54 PM »
Gonna have to carry the MPX in a violin case at the mall!  I like the FN9C but it would be a difficult carry on a Florida summer day (93 degrees/90% humidity today).

The MPX stays in the car trunk...just in case. The FN9C is not bad to carry at all. I agree, its no R9 when it comes to weight. 90% humidity? You need to move to the West Coast/Sarasota area.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!