Author Topic: whats in your stable?  (Read 6661 times)

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
whats in your stable?
« on: March 20, 2012, 09:54:50 AM »
I know most people on here own rohrbaughs and they aren't exactly low cost although definitely worth the price.  What others weapons in your collection do you fancy?  My favorite range toy right now is the xdm 9, 20 rds can't be beat,  I also recently got a us army limited edition m9 in a dept of defense display case that has been on display in my mancave. 
Jayson D

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: whats in your stable?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »
Although my safe has a little of everything, right now pocket type self defense firearms are of interest.  I have 8 of the small Seecamps plus a DA converted Combat Commander, Kimber Solo. PM9, P380 besides the R9.  I have 2 Bobergs due in a month or two also.
I also collect Colt Gold Cups, especially those in odd calibers.  I have GC's in 38 spl, 9mm, 38 Super, 40 S&W, 10mm, besides the 45 ACP's and also a 45 GC Combat Commander.
I am also very much interested in the Auto Mags and own quite a few plus various collectible barrels as they interchange on AMP's.
Who knows what will catch my interest next.

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:14:04 AM »
How's the kimber solo working for you,  I have an opportunity to pick one up for 800,  they're hard to find in my parts.  But I've heard a lot of bad stories, I've never played with one personally and people usually badmouth things they don't even own online.  If you don't mind let me know how its working for you so I can get one to carry while I decide what I want to do with my rohrbaugh elite.
Jayson D

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »
My Latest toys are a couple S&W 15-22 Ar-15 Rifles and Pistol.  Really accurate guns and very cheap to shoot. I have several Nighthawks in my safe as well as Various Sigs, S&W's, and Kimbers.   My Favorite is my everyday carry.  It is a Nighthawk Talon II Lightweight Bobtail .45 ACP.

Chief
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 03:51:23 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 11:32:46 AM »
Jayson
The Solo is what I carry the most by far.  Mine is 100% reliable so far with about 300 rounds through it.  Don't try anything but high quality self defense ammo as that is what it is designed to fire.  It is +P rated so in some of them regular pressure 115 gr are unreliable but they have been in mine.  I carry 124 Gold Dots.  It points natural and is more accurate than either the PM9 or the R9 in my hands.  I have 100% confidence in mine.

The downside now.  It is a little heavier and blockier the a R9.  Not everyone will be able to pocket carry one.  If pocket carry is what you're after, be sure to try it in your pocket before you buy.

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 12:06:29 PM »
To chief:  I agree the smith 22 ar is very nice, especially given the similarities to a 223 ar15.  I bought one as soon as they came out a couple years ago.  Super cheap to shoot and fun too.  I've been drooling over a stainless steel t3 from nighthawk for a while.  One day lol.
[/quote]
To mrc:  thanks for the info on the solo,  I'm 6 ft 240lbs so I'm fairly confident ill be able to pocket carry the solo,  its good to hear a positive from someone who actually owns one.  I think I'm gonna pull the trigger and buy it (pun intended lol), if anything they're still kinda rare and ill sell it after I decide what to do with my elite,  too rare to carry I think.  Conflicted on whether to keep a gun and not use it, it sounds wrong.  But probably won't see another like it, cunundrum.
Jayson D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:26 PM »
I have 8 of the small Seecamps.

MRC.  WOW on the 8 Seecamps.  That might be a record, at least here on the Forum.   I like those things too.    :) 
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »
I was more concentrated on the solo,  I didn't even realize what he said about the seecamps,  geez how many nicks on your index finger have you gotten from those?
Jayson D

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:44:03 PM »
Two of the Seecamps are 25's I don't shoot anymore, 3 are Restricted Editions I don't shoot, one is a Michael Gouse engraved 380 which I have not shot since it was new, which just leaves a 32 and a380 that I carry once in a while.  The 32 is easy to shoot and I have to say the 380 has never drawn blood.  To me it is more like a firecracker going off in your hand.

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 08:04:49 PM »
My Seecamp collection stands at..... One.

Lately, my favorite has to be the old Colt .22 that was my Dad's from way back when.  Got it out and cleaned it up because my daughter expressed interest in shooting.  The .22 with a 6" barrell is a great way to start.

I spend more time reloading mags for her than shooting.  Great fun to see the enjoyment she gets out of turning targets into confetti.

Next month we are going to the Firearms Academy of Seattle and taking their basic handgun course- A prerequisite for taking the more advanced self-defense courses that sound like a lot of fun.

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:55 PM »
"Never drawn blood", that's hilarious. ;D

Shooting with family and friends is always fun.  Useful too.
Jayson D

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:12 PM »
I tend to carry either a PSP, or a Benny Hill Single-Stack, or a pair of XDms.  (I have been carrying my Para Big Hawg, as well - but I can't recommend Paras, aside from the one I carried.)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
Do you carry 2 fullsize xdms?  If so, how?  I would love to find a good way to carry my xdm,  can't beat that firepower.  I live in florida too,  heat and humidity complicates things.  However very interested to know how you carry yours.
Jayson D

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2012, 02:42:18 PM »
IWB, one about 10 O'Clock, one about 3 or 4 O'Clock...  I use Remora holsters, although I think a Blade-tech version of a summer special might be better. 

Just to clarify, I'm the opposite of tiny, and I've lost quite a bit of weight, so there's lots of room inside my waistbands. 

I used to carry using a shoulder holster, and just wore a fishing shirt or a guyabera as a cover garment, but my neck won't tolerate one anymore.  (I've broken and smashed many things, over the years including my neck in 3 places.)
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Blueeyedme

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »
2 - R9s, Sig P229, P226, 2 - P220s, P239, 2 - Bobergs on order...but my latest toy is a Les Baer Premier II 1911.  The bride to be and I both shoot USPSA regularly.