Author Topic: SHOT Show 2012 Rohrbaugh Report  (Read 18520 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: SHOT Show 2012 Rohrbaugh Report
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »
Size Guess

http://www.bobergarms.com/forum/topics/rohrbaugh-45-in-the-works

What is going on here? Given the credit line for the above, is the Rohrbaugh Forum now being used as an adjunct of the Boberg Forum?
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline abboberg

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2012, 11:07:11 PM »
I'm waiting to hear from one of the Rohrbaughs if the overlay is reasonably accurate.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2012, 05:47:45 PM »
Simply another forum looking at the Rohrbaugh products with interest as we do here discussing other manufacturers products.

If you say so.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2012, 10:14:43 PM »
To me it "the prototype" looks a little like the solo. I hope we remember this is a prototype and is 45 caliber. Very difficult to design a weapon suitable for true pocket carry with the capacity we would all like. Give the Brothers some space I am sure they will come up with another self protection tool that will be a  piece of engineering art. I carry my R9 in my left front, sometimes with the grip extension and sometimes without depending on the pocket. Sometimes I carry IWB tuckable. Sometimes its a Seecamp. Other times it is something more substantial, certainly not in my pocket as I believe in "concealed carry". The R45 may turnout to be more suitable for IWB or OWB carry or possibly some pockets. This is a 45, how small and light can it be from a practical standpoint? Whatever, I cannot wait to see the finished product, unfortuanately I may not be able to afford one when it comes out. Anyway, trust the genius that is the Rohrbaugh Brothers.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
Not to speak for Karl, because he and I did not discuss this specifically -- but...  I think he would say he has already designed what he believes to be the best pocket pistol, in the best caliber for such a pistol, with the R9.   I do not believe the R45 is intended to be a "better" R9, but a different gun altogether.  I am sure Karl would expect you to carry the R9 in your pocket and/or the R45 on your belt.  A larger gun in a larger caliber has plenty of self-defense applicability, don't you think?

However it turns out, it will almost certainly: 1) Be a well thought out design for its intended purpose; 2) Be well manufacturered to exacting tolerances; and 3) Be backed by excellent customer service.

Karl has always had an affinity for 1911 pistols, so it's really no surprise that the R45 design has its roots in a 1911 pattern pistol.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2012, 04:19:48 PM »
Duane, I could not have said it better