Author Topic: Extra Slides  (Read 5429 times)

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Extra Slides
« on: July 18, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
In time what I would like Rohrbaugh is to offer additional slides that can be fitted to a specific gun. So an owner of an R9s could swap a slide and have a R9, or have a redesigned slide with gutter snipe or other after market sights installed on it.

It would provide an Rohrbaugh owner with greater options, and the Rohrbaugh brothers another potential profit center.

I own 2 NAA Guardians--a 32 and a 380. With each I have purchased an extra slide. So I have the choice to carry the gun with Gutter Snipe sights, or no sights (my spare slides were purchased rounded off like the Seecamp).

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Extra Slides
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 03:29:31 PM »
I think you got something there George - and I am inclined to agree.

Only reservation tho might be ..... whether the Brothers Rohrbaugh would be happy with just a ''swap'' slide, without having had the gun to check fit and function.  Of course - being high quality tight tolerance machining, odds are that any slide would fit any frame ... but perhaps it is one of those things where QC would demand a fit and check - prior to release.

Like the basic premise tho. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 06:42:06 PM »
I screwed up by using the word "swap."

What I meant to say was sell.

I would expect that the gun wiould have to be sent in to the factory to have the additional slides fitted.

Just like some would like to have an all steel version to use as a practice gun, or additional grip options, the ability have different slides would also provide owner flexability.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 08:10:22 PM »
No prob's George!  :P

In fact I did interpret what you said the way you meant - meaning to purchase extra slides.  True tho yeah - a trip to Long Island by the gun would almost certainly be mandated.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Wg Jr

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 10:58:08 PM »
That woul be really cool ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 04:14:33 PM »
I like your idea!

Im in.

Reinz
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 10:43:19 PM »
I think the idea is good, but don't think anyone is listening.  It's been over 5 years since the original post.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln