Author Topic: R9's stock going up!  (Read 2960 times)

Offline aircop_m

R9's stock going up!
« on: March 05, 2005, 10:19:19 AM »
Recently, I recieved a phone call from Eric @ Rohrbaugh, letting me know that he was sending me a replacement barrel pin for my R9. He stated that on some of the earlier R9's, a few of the pins sheared after a few 100 rounds,or so. Now, I've fired over 500 rounds so far through my R9 with the original pin, without any type of failure what so ever. Eric sent me a replacement pin anyway, just to ensure that my pistol was up to the correct specs. THIS, is the type of service I appreciate, and am glad to see customer service being practiced the way it should.  BTW, if I had a dollar for everytime somebody asked to see, and shoot my R9, I'd almost have enough money to buy a second one!!!  ;)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: R9's stock going up!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 10:28:18 AM »
Aircop, In a world of no customer service, it sure is nice to know that Eric knows what it is all about. Great customer service is just one of the hallmarks of the Rohrbaugh firm.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 01:09:40 PM »
I don't know when Eric ever finds time to sleep.  As I said in an earlier post, he called me on a Saturday morning.  You can't beat that for customer service!

Just as a "nice to have", I would like to know whether or not I should be concerned about getting the new barrel pin (or any other upgraded part, for that matter).  It would be very helpful if Eric had some way to communicate to us which range of serial numbers had the pin in question.  I understand in the earlier days, the serial number order was not a good indicator of the order in which the gun was completed, but rather the order in which the frames were produced.  I am not sure if this is still the case, but I know I would welcome any way to identify if my R9 was up to current spec.  I know I could always call the factory, but this doesn't seem like a good long term solution for the R bros, - there are only two of them and the ratio of R9's to them is growing every day.

Just to be clear, I am not talking about a catastrophic problem.  I have full faith that should a part be a real problem, we would all be getting phone calls and every other notifiication you could think of.  I am just concerned with keeping up to current spec.

You know, I wouldn't mind chipping in a few dollars a year on a subscription basis so they could set up a self funding subscription model.  After all, these parts are not without cost to manufacture, and it's in all of our best interests that they succeed.  Heaven forbid they make some extra money for themselves!  :)

This is probably a good issue for them to consider, as there may be other parts in the future that they improve, as well.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 03:09:35 PM »
Just browse back on threads here and you'll find I too have wondered how Eric finds time to sleep.!!  I do know he has been pushing the boat out and has probably suffered quite a lot, just trying to keep up.

I am hopeful that now they are moved things can slip into a more relaxed (relatively!) mode ..... and hopefully, according to Maria, they will be ''on the net'' soon ... having had one devil of a job finding a suitable provider.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 04:57:43 PM »
Wayne,

FWIW, I have an early R-9 that is "affected" by the upgrade.  I discussed it with Eric and decided it was not necessary.  The failure was limited to one (maybe 2? - I can't recall now) and was considered to be an isolated problem with a particular production run of pins from the outside source.

There are many other "affected" guns that are just fine.  I wouldn't stress over it.

That being said -- I am sure they will upgrade your pin if you call and ask.  I might wait a few months to do it... but they will take care of you.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 05:47:49 PM »
Thanks Duane.  I wasn't really stressing too much over it.  Just wanted to bring up that there might be an opportunity for better communications about factory upgrades we might want to consider.  This might also result in a revenue opportunity for the brothers also.

They look to be setting the mark for customer service in firearms and I thought this might be a low cost way to help out.  :)