Author Topic: finally...  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
Re: finally...
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »
Sure - the local dealer will put the gun on his books first then log out to you.  (Basically, on paper he is buying the pistol and then selling it to you)

Does your state have a waiting period?

And/or does your CCW supercede it?
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »
in that case it appears ok for my friend, who bought the R9s (and legally registered it in his state and who is a licensed CCW holder in both his state and mine), to bring it when he visits. then we can both have my local FFL holder (who has done all my transfers for the last 20 years) do the legal transfer.

not a problem cause i'd want to get it off my buddy's "books" anyway, which is exactly what we had planned to do.

so the water i stirred up here wasn't about how we plan to physically transport it, it was only a concern if we had no intent of doing the FFL transfer. i should have been more specific (which my wife tells me all the time!).

HA! so it was never a real problem to begin with. that's a load off my mind. and i did learn a lot. thanks everyone!

reinz: to answer your question about waiting periods - in oregon at one time we had instant CCW-license transfers, but a few years ago they changed that to an instant transfer via a telephone call to the state, so there has been no waiting for many years here. all takes about ten minutes with paperwork, finger-printing and call.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 08:25:26 PM by coyote »
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 08:22:55 PM »
Good Deal, No Worries. :D
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 08:32:52 PM »