Author Topic: Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership  (Read 3133 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:50:11 PM »
Here’s a good book for anyone in Florida (I’d go so far as to say it’s a good book for anyone, anywhere).  This book is full up with good information and I’d highly recommend it for any gun owner in Florida.  It is written by an Attorney and updates can be found online.  There are several editions, so make sure you get the latest one.  The one shown is the latest.  Anyway, thought I’d share what I consider to be very informative and well written.  I found this one on Amazon at a very reasonable price, but be aware of the different editions and get the latest.  Good stuff in my book…okay, yes, pun intended….

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:07:30 PM »
Excellent book.  Highly recommended for anyone in Florida.

Gutmacher is one of the ACLDN's network attorneys.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Blueeyedme

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 10:21:17 AM »
Absolutly - a must have for FL gun owners. I have read it cover to cover several times.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
    AT, I just ordered a copy of the book from Amazon. I live about as far away from Florida(Washington state) as you can get and still be in the CONUS, but I figured that the federal sections would apply, and the rest would be of interest to me. Sounds like a good read.          Gene
birdman

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 07:34:22 PM »
Gene,
I do believe you'll find the book useful, even way up in the Northwest.  When I first saw the book, the local range was pushing it and I thought it was just a marketing thing.  Then I checked online reviews and was impressed.  Next time I went to the range, they were sold out and that's what led me to Amazon. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »
     AT, the book arrived yesterday. I got started on it this morning and  have been reading it most of the day. Fascinating read,  and you're right, even the parts that pertain to local laws and regulations are very informative and helpful. Thanks for the heads-up.     Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 10:24:19 PM »

This one just in today from the Liberal Times. The flawed logic in this article is just astounding in its bias. It would be similar to stating that vehicle ownership and a driver's license increases vehicular homicide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/27/us/more-concealed-guns-and-some-are-in-the-wrong-hands.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 06:32:14 PM »
Glad you are enjoying the book Gene.  Looking at your link, it's incredible the logic in some peoples minds..
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 12:12:22 AM »
I think it is a good read. If you want to expand your mind read the "Armed Citizens Defense Network" home page.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety