Author Topic: Gun Show this past weekend (9/20)  (Read 4891 times)

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Gun Show this past weekend (9/20)
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2020, 10:32:27 PM »
Might be right on that.

He does have a large presence on youtube and other places.  It's his livelihood, so getting rid of a problematic part and keeping the improved version away from the tarnished name might have been a business decision.

IIRC from going down the rabbit hole of the thread you posted, it was originally designed for bullseye shooters needing an improvement in barrel lock up. 

I remember when Briley made a barrel bushing to help 1911 shooters with the barrel to slide fit.  Their part worked great in keeping those parts tolerances tight and greatly improved accuracy.  IIRC it was a ball and socket type thing.  However, when the gun got hot from shooting at a moderate speed, those parts locked up and would not budge.  Not cool in a match, even worse in a serious situation. They got over it and are still pretty well thought of in the community, especially with shotgun shooters.

I'm ok with giving it a shot, would not be the first $30 part of mine to hit the trash bin if it shows any sign of trouble. I will then get the less expensive option, as I want the extended feature.  Some need(want) an extended mag release, some need(want) extended slide releases, on other guns some need(want) extended safeties, etc.  I know guys that can't shoot without a speed bump on their 1911 grip safeties, know one who instead of getting that just used electrical tape to tape it down.  The beauty of this firearm is that you can make it fit each one of our unique requirements.  Not going to fix it until it's broke though.
I see most aftermarket parts like magazines, sometimes you just have to give up and trash em' if they give you trouble.

It will go through at least 250 trouble free rounds before it finds itself into the carry rotation.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 10:36:38 PM by MikeInTexas »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2020, 11:05:26 PM »
 I went to Briley with a Kreighoff K-32 minor issue and they fixed it post haste.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 11:08:15 PM by tracker »

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2020, 11:19:58 PM »
Nice shotgun.

I try and visit the showroom when I'm on that side of town.  Gotten a barrel ported by them on a Beretta semi-auto, lots of choke tubes, some work taking auto-safeties off O/Us, tube sets and accessories.  Even had them put a mercury weight in the stock my primary shotgun and a bunch of stuff I can't remember, LOL.  Taken care of quite a few friends as well.

If it's shotgun work, they know their stuff.  Pretty good pistol-smiths there as well.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2020, 09:06:29 PM »
Anybody check online prices for 9mm lately?

Cheapest I can find is $25 a box for Wolf!! 

Going to dust off the reloading press if I can find small pistol primers.