Author Topic: RECLUSE Prototype!  (Read 19059 times)

Offline Recluse

• Expert
RECLUSE Prototype!
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:27:16 PM »
The little pup is in my pocket, in a Recluse holster!  :)

The leather is easy- Same as the Kahr .380.  Fits well.  This trigger block works, but will be modified slightly for our next one.  While it's functioning properly, it's not quite what it should be.

The next one will be ready to try in another day or two.  In the meantime, I'm definately using this one, as it's better than any other way to carry the Rohrbaugh!

More to come....

Offline CaptBW

• Master
Re: RECLUSE Prototype!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:31:55 PM »
Pictures!  Or it didn't happen.
ACTA NON VERBA

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 07:33:22 AM »
The little pup is in my pocket, in a Recluse holster!  :)

The leather is easy- Same as the Kahr .380.  Fits well.  This trigger block works, but will be modified slightly for our next one.  While it's functioning properly, it's not quite what it should be.

The next one will be ready to try in another day or two.  In the meantime, I'm definately using this one, as it's better than any other way to carry the Rohrbaugh!

More to come....

Looking forward to it.  Thanks for the update.

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »
Cool...
Mark

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »
Pictures!  Or it didn't happen.

Okay, since I can't get the pictures to load, I guess I don't have a prototype. ;)  I also don't have a left-hand version, either. ;) ;)

And I probably won't have the Square pocket version this week, either (unless I can get the pictures >:().

We're going to try a different trigger block that will hold a bit more snug.  The current one works fine, but a bit more grip may be nice.

We're getting close....

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 11:52:07 PM »
I should have the updated prototypes to try out in another day or two.

The first ones were really close- I'm using them daily.  

I think we may have it this time!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 03:08:38 AM »
Sounds like it's coming soon!  Excellent.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »
Waiting still... ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 10:49:50 AM »
I should have the updated prototypes to try out in another day or two.

The first ones were really close- I'm using them daily.  

I think we may have it this time!

Recluse.  Time for an update!    ;D

Offline scar2783

• Sharpshooter
  • MS
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 10:55:16 AM »
Definitely time...
Mark

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 11:39:27 AM »
Maybe Recluse will check in soon!    :)

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 11:25:15 PM »
Still here, guys!

I've got a few prototype holsters that I've been using daily.
The leather is easy, but here's the story on the trigger blocks-  We make our own trigger blocks for trying things out, and when we are satisfied, it takes quite a bit of cash to set up our supplier for mass-production.

Being that the Rohrbaugh is such a small market, we would probably never come close to breaking even if we spend a large sum to set up production.

Because of this, we are expanding what we can produce in-house.  So far, we have had some consistancy problems, and I've sent quite a few trigger blocks into the "Reject" box.

Even when they function fine, they must also look like a quality product before we accept any money for it.  

The Rohrbaugh brothers saw the Recluse holster while at the SHOT Show last January, and were pretty impressed.  Karl Rohrbaugh is waiting for me to send a holster his way.  Until we are able to consistantly produce a holster that we would be proud to show the Rohrbaughs, we won't make them available.  

We're getting really close.  Very close.  The Recluse for the Rohrbaughs will be available as soon as the Rohrbaugh brothers approve of it.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 06:59:24 AM »
That's good.  Thanks for the update.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 12:07:52 PM »
   Gawd I love waiting!!, next to poking myself in the eye with a sharp stick it's probably my favorite thing. you're  right of course,  much better to take a little longer and get it right the first time.     Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 12:19:43 PM »
Easy, Gene!  You'll need those eyes to view your new Rohrbaugh.    ;D