Author Topic: Glaser/MagSafe Ammo in the Rohrbaugh  (Read 9499 times)

Offline Salute

It was Re: Glaser/MagSafe Ammo in the Rohrbaugh
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 08:56:40 PM »
It was just an easy go to name.  No, I don't have any reason to defend or promote Magsafe.

Just looking for the truth as we all should have.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Glaser/MagSafe Ammo in the Rohrbaugh
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 08:58:18 PM »
I think we all are; thanks.

Offline twostar

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 09:31:50 PM »
And I thought it was an innocent little question.  At least it woke a few people up and, you know what?  Handguns are kind of silly anyway.  I have a pistol gripped 12 gauge pump with a 6.5 inch barrel that leaves little to argue about.  I think I'll just keep that close by.  They advise against bringing a knife to a gun fight.  Why bring a pistol?

(Before you start, yes I have the tax stamp.)
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 10:15:56 PM »
Thanks for the innocent little questiion, General or Admiral;
the experimentation of ammo in the R9 never ceases to amaze
and puzzle me.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 11:32:19 PM »
Field Grade,
I think that 12 gauge pump is a great idea if you never leave
your home or pick-up truck.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2006, 12:33:23 AM »
After having been on the road for a few days and just checking in, as the first responder to Twostars' initial post, I may have contributed to this lively exchange.  Since becoming a "civilian," I have opted to load a frangible round up front in my "carry guns" only because of the frangible's impact.  I also say that as a firm believer in the "double tap" -- with the next round up being the "hottest" JHP rated for the weapon.

I don't want to fan any debate over FMJ, JHP, PreFrag, etc., etc.  Load and carry what gives you the most comfort within the tolerances of the pistol or revolver oF your choice.

Stay safe, and always remember Colonel Cooper's Rules.   8)  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 05:51:28 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline pocketgun

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 05:29:02 AM »
Hi Pocketgun.  You may be absolutely correct.  I don't know and that's why I opened this subject.  I have never seen a report from a credible expert regarding this stuff and, if you can tell me where to find the reports I would be most grateful.  Where did you see that any practice hollowpoint is superior to MagSafe or Glaser?  And where is the information on damaged guns being rebuilt?

I am not trying to grind an ax or prove a point.  I just want "credible" advice from someone who can substantiate his information.  That's why I asked if anyone had "real world" experience.  Your references would be most appreciated.  I still believe in marksmanship over magic bullets but, if something new is out there and it works, I'd like to know about it.

And by the way, how the devil do you add the pictures, etc. to your posts?

Sorry there twostar, I forgot about this thread. :-[

I will see what I can do to find some of the references you requested, but I hope you are not in a hurry for them.

You can poke around at firearmstactical.com if you like; there should be some info there, and they are as credible as anyone you will find in the mysterious "science" of terminal ballistics.  

Links work like this:  {b]{url=http://webaddressyouwant.com]TEXT YOU WILL SEE[/url][/b] - just change the "{" to "[" and add your text and address and it will work. ;)

Offline twostar

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2006, 09:47:23 PM »
You're right Tracker, it is definitely a house gun.  Having once used 20 mm's @ 6,000 rounds per minute, even a 6 inch 12 gauge is a bit of a comedown.  

Guess the moniker is too obvious; it's definitely NOT admiral.  Landing on boats sounds like an idea a Kennedy might come up with.  There were times I had problems with 10,000 feet of runway, while it held still no less.
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.