Author Topic: Always Remember  (Read 2734 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Always Remember
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:40:32 AM »
Spending a good part of today watching the 9/11 programming on History Channel.

This day still turns my stomach, and I am sure it always will.  We must never forget what this nation endured on 9/11/01 -- and how it changed our world forever.

God Bless America.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Always Remember
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:49:21 AM »

Thanks, Duane; I had just walked in from putting out my flag when I read your post.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
I saw this several months ago and just received it again from one of our new members (John) OhioR9ConcealCarry

Have you heard about the trucker who has painted his cab and trailer with the names of all those who lost their lives on 9/11?

The trucker's name is John Holmgren from    Shafer  , Minn.  He has been 'pulled over' numerous times just so the troopers can get their picture taken with the truck.

John

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:00:03 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:10:31 PM »
I have also been watching the shows(been on/off most of week!!

I think they should be required watching for all!!

I planned on putting up my "usual" have you forgotten thread,but will link to here..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline TBI

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 04:28:25 PM »
I've been working in the garden trying to forget. It's not working.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »
Here is the thread with a couple of sites that are a must visit!!

Have You Forgotten?

Too many have forgotten..  

http://www.sparkpage.com

http://www.september11news.com

http://camazotz.com/wtc
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:44:12 PM by Brenden »
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
Duane, John and Brenden.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:50:02 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline cooperr1234

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 07:49:10 PM »
Just came home from working in the city since 6am. Sad somber day here in New York as well as around the country. God bless my 23 NYPD fallen, and god bless all the victims and families on this sad day in history.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »

Thank you, Bobby; please know that we all share your pain but the depth of anguish and intensity that you and the victims' relatives, co-workers, and friends feel on a daily basis is beyond the emotional reach of most humans. That is why we will never forget.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 08:15:13 PM »
Bobby.  What tracker said.  Couldn't have said it any better.  Continue to stay safe!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline sslater

• Master
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 05:59:11 PM »
Every September 11 my memory is jogged by something that happened to me at Detroit Metro Airport on 09Sep01.  Even though 9/11 is six weeks past, I need to get this off my chest.  I’ve never seen anything written about an experience like mine.  
When I think of all the news coverage after 9-11 about how dots weren’t connected, I say, “Bull!”
Some people in government knew something was going on and there were extraordinary measures in place to stop it.

On Sunday evening, 09Sep01,I was at the International terminal waiting to board for my flight to Gatwick Airport near London, England.  I had taken that same flight 15 or 20 times in the previous 5 years, so it was pretty routine for me….  Until I started down the mobile walkway into the aircraft.  There were security men posted at 10 or 15-foot intervals along both walls of the walkway.  They were all big guys, wearing blue windbreakers with lettering on their backs.  They all had guns on their hips.  They were stopping the boarding passengers at random, looking at passports, boarding passes, and asking questions.  They stopped me.  I was in my late 50’s, blond hair, 5’ 8” and overweight.  They asked me where I was born.  Try saying “Philadelphia” when you’re scared.  I was allowed to board, and didn’t see anybody turned away or taken into custody.
Then 9-11 happened.  The extra security began to make sense:
Intercontinental flight – direct from Detroit, MI to London, England.
Full load of fuel (and passengers).  About an hour’s flying time to NYC.
We could have one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center towers.  Or the Pentagon.  Or the Capitol.  Someone in our government had connected the dots.  They just picked the wrong departure point for surveillance. As Tom Ridge used to say, “We (U.S. security people) have to be right 100 percent of the time.  The terrorists have to be lucky only once.”

Steve S.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 06:09:52 PM »

Steve,

That experience and poignant memory will stay with you forever. El Al has been performing passenger scrutiny similar to that for a long time and it isn't likely that all of those who boarded our flights could have passed their screening program.