Author Topic: Weapon? or Gun?  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Weapon? or Gun?
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2011, 07:57:18 AM »
Now go figure. The state license permit wording is all over the map on this: weapon, pistol, handgun, etc.. Does it really matter what you call it as long as you are within your state confines?

The states give different terms for licenses or permits to carry a concealed firearm, such as a Concealed Handgun License/Permit (CHL/CHP), Concealed (Defensive/Deadly) Weapon Permit/License (CDWL/CWP/CWL), Concealed Carry Permit/License (CCP/CCL), License To Carry (Firearms) (LTC/LTCF), Carry of Concealed Deadly Weapon license (CCDW), Concealed Pistol License (CPL), etc. Thirteen states use a single permit to regulate the practices of both concealed and open carry of a handgun.

And for Tennessee it's "Handgun Carry Permit" or ("HCP"), a laminated plastic card bearing the two copies of the person's photograph (one a small holographic image to prevent forgery), name, address, date of birth, physical description (sex, height, eye color), the same number as the person's "Driver License," and a couple of bar codes on the back.

Whatever it's called or contains, I'm just glad to have it.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 03:10:35 PM »
And for NC it's the Concealed Handgun Permit, also laminated, same No. as Driver's License and with personal info.  I'm also happy to have it; makes purchasing guns a snap.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 03:20:06 PM »

One lady who took my money for a shotgun I bought at an auction house called it the happy card because it made her sale so much easier.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 09:22:34 PM »
I know that little card sure makes me a happy camper.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2011, 05:44:11 PM »
There seems to be another benefit for the license here in Texas as well.  When being pulled over, you must present both, your DL and your CHL.  If your are speeding, but not too excessively and you keep a good attitude, I have been let off many more times than I have been written up.

Since I have a CHL, they know I am law abiding, and fiqure I did not really mean to be speeding.     Which is true most of the time.    :D
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE