Author Topic: Spring in Ohio  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
Spring in Ohio
« on: March 24, 2012, 11:51:22 AM »

People in our area love to hunt morels............ :)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 02:29:10 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Spring in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 03:05:30 PM »

People in our area love to hunt morels............ :)

Good morel hunting, however, I know you are careful of the false ones.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 03:46:52 PM »
Yes, as the old adage goes, "All mushrooms are edible, but some are edible but once."  Just watch out for the ones pictured at this link:

http://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/outdoor-recreation/how/mushrooms/poisonous-mushrooms

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:08 AM »
That Morel pic makes me think of the fry pan sizzling!!!

I am one of those that grew up eating a couple of the false morels,especially the ones that we called "caps".The other that we called "braineys" or "beefsteaks".My father loved the beefsteaks so I would always seek them out for him but I always liked the Morels and the caps better!!

We had a neighbor that would bring some kind of mushroom home almost year round it seemed,and that was a feat considering northern Michigan winters!!

I always wished I had learned more from the neighbor,thought that was cool.

Nowadays I have a hard time getting around in the woods,but I get out at least a couple of times with my kids and we have a contest of who can find the first shroom!!

All we ever want is enough for a mess or two,and we are very happy!! :)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe