Author Topic: Black and Blue?  (Read 11081 times)

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
Re: Black and Blue?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 05:12:54 PM »
Well, to put some resolve into what you say here Kevin. . . . . Folks, it is not FAKE. It still is one of the first R9s out there. Serial Number R109 puts it as the 9th. R9 pistol to the public in 2004. That is undisputable. Yes, there were about 55 or so, give/take, of the no prefix models prior to the R prefix jobs, most of which went to shareholders. . . . . but this R109 is REAL . . . . . The 9th. R9 Pistol for public consumption.

Now, let's see where it goes.  :D
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »
It went for 1K. Man My collection just jumped up in value.

Less than 8-9 months ago I bought a LNIB 2 tone with box, papers and 2 mags for $800. How times have changed.  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 08:18:51 PM »
Well, to put some resolve into what you say here Kevin. . . . . Folks, it is not FAKE. It still is one of the first R9s out there. Serial Number R109 puts it as the 9th. R9 pistol to the public in 2004. That is undisputable. Yes, there were about 55 or so, give/take, of the no prefix models prior to the R prefix jobs, most of which went to shareholders. . . . . but this R109 is REAL . . . . . The 9th. R9 Pistol for public consumption.

I don't think anybody thought it was fake, just the prior seller had misinformation in the listing. 

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »
Ah ha . . . . .
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2017, 07:37:42 AM »
I think that it was a very good buy.

I have everything to restore it back to original, I just did not need it and did not want to butt heads with equity man and end up with an expensive gun.

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 08:38:52 AM »
Don't forget Beemer1.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 11:16:21 AM »
Don't forget Beemer1.

Who is Beemer1?

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 12:15:54 PM »
Also, who is Equity Man, Eric?

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 01:01:26 PM »

I don't think anybody thought it was fake, just the prior seller had misinformation in the listing.
\

Hi Phil,

Pardon me but when exactly did I say it was a FAKE?  I DID state that I thought, and still do even more now, that at at at $800 it was overpriced. Whoever bought may have really wanted it so TO THEM $1K is nothing.

I have 6 R9's and would pay nowhere  near $800 for a one mag with no box and papers. I guess if you had a box and papers that would complete it, which would be fine with me BUT...BUT.....the site crybaby would yell " it didn't cone with it so it is all fake."

Lets KEEP the 'FAKE" title  to the one who cries wolf so often.

You seem to have a problem with 'making up quotes' and stating that their are mine. This is not the first or second time you have pulled this childish crap. It's getting old sport. Cut it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 02:18:47 PM »

\

Hi Phil,

Pardon me but when exactly did I say it was a FAKE?  I DID state that I thought, and still do even more now, that at at at $800 it was overpriced. Whoever bought may have really wanted it so TO THEM $1K is nothing.

I have 6 R9's and would pay nowhere  near $800 for a one mag with no box and papers. I guess if you had a box and papers that would complete it, which would be fine with me BUT...BUT.....the site crybaby would yell " it didn't cone with it so it is all fake."

You seem to have a problem with 'making up quotes' and stating that their are mine. This is not the first or second time you have pulled this childish crap. It's getting old sport. Cut it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev,
You're badgering the wrong person.  You seem to be confused on how the replies work.  The quote in my post is ECR quoting you.  I replied nobody thought it was fake.  You read posts and then post an angry reply with the number of Rohrbaughs you have and call people names like "sport".  Overall,  this forum tries to be more congenial than that.  Phil

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 03:53:16 PM »

Beemer1 and Equity Man are "deep pocket" bidders on Gun Broker. They usually step on all others.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »

\

Hi Phil,

Kev,
You're badgering the wrong person.  You seem to be confused on how the replies work.  The quote in my post is ECR quoting you.  I replied nobody thought it was fake.  You read posts and then post an angry reply with the number of Rohrbaughs you have and call people names like "sport".  Overall,  this forum tries to be more congenial than that.  Phil

I use the term 'Sport' because Duane would be upset if i really expressed my true feelings about a 'child' who's favorite word is "FAKE."  Invest your money WISELY and you can afford more than one. "FAKE" or not. We don't care nor will we cry "FAKE..."FAKE" . In fact to the best of my memory YOU are the only one hung up on that. The rest of us enjoy our guns, be it one or 6 and leave the other people to spend TEIR MONEY  the way they see fit.

Have a nice day sport.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2017, 06:47:51 PM »

[/quote]

Hi Phil,

[/quote]

I use the term 'Sport' because Duane would be upset if i really expressed my true feelings about a 'child' who's favorite word is "FAKE."  Invest your money WISELY and you can afford more than one. "FAKE" or not. We don't care nor will we cry "FAKE..."FAKE" . In fact to the best of my memory YOU are the only one hung up on that. The rest of us enjoy our guns, be it one or 6 and leave the other people to spend TEIR MONEY  the way they see fit.

Have a nice day sport.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Kevin,
Please quote where I said it was fake.  I never mentioned how anyone should spend their money.  I don't think I'm a 'child', 'site crybaby', or 'sport'.  I've been a forum member since 2005, and we get someone every few years who rolls in and posts angry replies and calls names and is pleasant at times but rude others.  Other people get caught up in trolling the troll by pushing his buttons.  I posted about a box and others commented about it being fake, which you didn't like.  Usually these angry members burn out pretty quickly as the congenial nature of the forum isn't for them.  We'll see.  Phil

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »
You're right, Phil. Nothing was said that would warrant the intensity of these vituperative responses. With a chip on his shoulder this large there must be other demons on his back. I have never witnessed such hostility from a member on this forum as I have from Kevin's invective.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2017, 08:06:56 PM »
Did someone forget to take a pill recently?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!