Author Topic: Florida billed as "shoot first" state  (Read 7578 times)

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: Florida billed as "shoot first" stat
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 11:17:17 AM »
Duane,
Your second letter is also well thought out.
I don't think it will change the minds of gun-ban types.  Here's why:  Those people are truly convinced they are right because, if armed they're afraid they would shoot anyone who scares them.  Therefore, everyone else would act the same way.  The psychologists call that "PROJECTION".

Not long ago, I heard a guy on the radio characterize pro Second Amendment types as "anti gun control".  The host of the show didn't challenge the statement, but I almost crashed my car when I heard that one.   And the guy sounded so reasonable.....

I've been an NRA member for years, also contribute to NRA-ILA, send letters to my legislators, add a buck to each Brownell's order, etc.  Maybe it's time to start being as pro-active as the gun ban people.
Here are a few thought-starters:
- Provide lawn signs to anti-gun neighbors, "This home is GUN FREE.  We WILL call the police."  (I'll let the missile launch pad on my front lawn speak for me!  ;))
- Offer a free airline ticket to any gun ban person who promises to relocate to the UK or Australia. (We would need to have the internet gun forums set up a Frequent Flyer mileage bank with miles contributed by forum members.)
- Stop being polite to liberals when they spout off with distortions.  Challenge every goofy statement.  (This has cost me some 'friends', but my blood pressure is much lower now.)  

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 11:20:13 AM »
Thanks everyone.  The St. Pete Times did not print my letter today, but they got it late yesterday, so maybe tomorrow.  Or, given their known slant, maybe never.

No reply to my e-mail to the Brady Group either, but not expecting one.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »
No reply to mine either.  (Even after I had kept it short and simple so as not to tax their little brain cells.  8) )
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 01:06:46 PM »
Those libs are sooooooo self righteous that they don't want to listen to our extreme right wing batter.
They, after all, are all knowing.
Until they need help to keep from getting raped, shot, robbed & etc.  
But because they are so important, the law does not apply to them.

Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2005, 07:09:37 PM »
Did anyone see that segment on Fox News this evening in which "The Brady Bunch" sent their intrepid staff attorney, Daniel Vice, Esq., to defend their ad campaign against Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law?  

The last time I saw a look to equal the one Vice had on his face was in the eyes of a whitetail deer (a little doe) caught in my headlights around midnight on a back road in the mountains of East Tennessee.  

I have two things to say to my fellow members of this Forum:

1.  There are LAWYERS, and then there are [size=10]lawyers[/size].  [By my definition, LAWYERS believe in and support the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.]

2.  "The Brady Bunch" has opened up themselves to a magnificent lawsuit from anyone in the Florida tourism industry with standing to sue and provable damages from the Brady campaign.  [Are there any LAWYERS here who are licensed to practice in the State of Florida and would consider taking on an absolutely splendid class action?   ;)  ]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 07:11:20 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 07:19:44 PM »
RichardS, Yes, I saw it. That lawyer had that I'm smarter and better than you look. The Judge though the suit would and could be won by the tourist industry members. The judge thought they were not even close to the truth.
Would that be great, sue them out of business.
Tom

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2005, 08:33:20 PM »
Another fine letter Duane but no - doubt you'll get a reply - just hope tho some folks read it and see some logic.

Today's NRA-ILA email contained this, which I like -

[size=13]Florida SB-206, HB-129, and HB-125 Update!

SB-206 & HB-129 have been introduced in Florida and are Supported by NRA and Unified Sportsmen of Florida. SB-206, by Senator Durell Peaden (R-2) (Identical HB-129), "prohibits specified persons, employers, and business entities from establishing, maintaining, or enforcing any policy or rule that prohibits a person from parking motor vehicle on property set aside for such purpose when secured firearm or firearms are being lawfully transported and stored in the motor vehicle;and provides for specified immunity from liability for businesses." SB-206 amends 790.25, 27.53.

Read More: http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=1755[/size]
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 10:05:13 AM »
Well, the St. Pete Times published my letter and two others today.  Here is the link:

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/04/Opinion/Antigun_ads_take_aim_.shtml
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 12:34:13 PM »
Duane, well done!
Tom

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 02:22:24 PM »
Nice job, Duane!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 03:02:16 PM »
Duane:

Bravo!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 07:07:37 PM »
Duane, good job, great example for us all. I do write Letters To The Editor several times a year on avg. but could do more.

You know, guys, had the anti-American lefties' predictions of the falling sky was correct, there'd be bodies piled like cord wood all over FL.

I guess they were wrong, eh?