Author Topic: R9 Owner Gathering  (Read 8447 times)

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
R9 Owner Gathering
« on: January 26, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »
For several years, I have been wanting to meet in person members of his forum. I would be willing to drive hundreds of miles to do that! Is there anyone else who would like to have a regional or whatever zoning we could come up with to have an annual R9 gathering. It could change locations every year with someone volunteering to host the event in their area?
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: R9 Owner Gathering
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »
Could be fun...right now I'm a little limited for travel due to wife's recent illness/surgery, but could get 130 miles out for a day depending on the day.  Live on the Va/TN border so could get to Roanoke, Knoxville, Ashville N.C., etc.  John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 09:50:38 PM »
Sounds good to me.  John (yankee2500) and I meet for lunch on a pretty regular basis.  Catch up on the news and pass along other things of interest.  Good idea.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 09:57:25 PM »
We get to Ashville every year......I would come to your location in a heart beat! I can see it now.....R9 Blue Ridge Gathering Summer 2012............What do you think?.....Dinner out...shooting at the local gun club...doesn't get much better.....cook out at your house....I'll help fund it ;)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 10:02:20 PM »
Sounds great.  I'll be unavailable in last week April through first 10 days of June, but would be there with bells on otherwise.  Could provide a nice bottle of malt scotch!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 10:09:29 PM »
Sounds great.  I'll be unavailable in last week April through first 10 days of June, but would be there with bells on otherwise.  Could provide a nice bottle of malt scotch!

I'll have to check my schedule...............wait I forgot..being retired I don't have a schedule....I'm serious about this get together...will contribute $$ to make it happen...........you are my kind of people :)
NRA Life Member

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »
Could be fun...right now I'm a little limited for travel due to wife's recent illness/surgery, but could get 130 miles out for a day depending on the day.  Live on the Va/TN border so could get to Roanoke, Knoxville, Ashville N.C., etc.  John

We could try your location sometime over the Summer....500 mile ride for me.....I'll be there..would you help organize the first annual event?
NRA Life Member

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 10:15:02 AM »
I could certainly help, but am about 100 miles from Ashville and the mountains.  Wife has had 2 recent major operations and is on a walker, so getting away is a bit difficult, although we hope for more independence by summer.  Seems that we might need:
1.  A place to meet and show weapons....Don't know the North Carolina rules on that issue.  Cost would depend on number attending.  Could arrange that here in Bristol, TN/VA area but we are between the mountain ranges.  Again, if only a few (20 perhaps) are attending, I could possibly arrange something nice at the lake nearby.
2.  If a large number, dinner would likely be best arranged as an outdoor barbeque or cookout at an arranged appropriate venue.  If just a few people are coming then arrangements would be easy.
3.  Accommodations would likely be motels locally.

Suggest we take a poll to find likely attendance.  Then would need to consider options, but make no arrangements until all who are coming have chipped in a bit.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
I could certainly help, but am about 100 miles from Ashville and the mountains.  Wife has had 2 recent major operations and is on a walker, so getting away is a bit difficult, although we hope for more independence by summer.  Seems that we might need:
1.  A place to meet and show weapons....Don't know the North Carolina rules on that issue.  Cost would depend on number attending.  Could arrange that here in Bristol, TN/VA area but we are between the mountain ranges.  Again, if only a few (20 perhaps) are attending, I could possibly arrange something nice at the lake nearby.
2.  If a large number, dinner would likely be best arranged as an outdoor barbeque or cookout at an arranged appropriate venue.  If just a few people are coming then arrangements would be easy.
3.  Accommodations would likely be motels locally.

Suggest we take a poll to find likely attendance.  Then would need to consider options, but make no arrangements until all who are coming have chipped in a bit.

Over the Summer would be good for most people traveling. Gun clubs I belong to allow members to reserve the club for special events. The club would serve as a meeting and eating place. The range could be used for shooting various toys and nearby motels for overnight. I could hold it in South East Ohio but there is really nothing else to do or see in my area. The Blue Ridge area would make the wife happy. ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:46:04 PM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
I don't belong to a gun club :(  and there are no motels in my town (1500 pop) :(
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
I don't belong to a gun club :(  and there are no motels in my town (1500 pop) :(

Do you have running water and electric? ;D
NRA Life Member

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
Only if the light bills been paid, we has a well soin if there aint no lectrik there aint no water. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 07:53:46 PM »
Depending on the time of year (I get a bit busy in the summer), I can bring the ice cream...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 12:52:23 AM »
Anything within reasonable distance to Oklahoma and I'm in! 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »
Anything within reasonable distance to Oklahoma and I'm in!

MEXICO !!!
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson