Author Topic: WTS/WTT : Rare & Unusual & a P22  (Read 2971 times)

Offline jlseagull

WTS/WTT : Rare & Unusual & a P22
« on: December 31, 2005, 03:29:17 AM »
That's what I got on the block. Obviously, the values of the Desert Eagle, Thunder Five, and P22 are all different, so each trade would have to be negotiated separately. Would prefer a FTF trade in AZ. Have references on other boards.

Would prefer to trade, but here are prices:
5" Walther p-22 - $300
Thunder Five - $450
14" Desert Eagle .357 - $950

Looking for these trades:

Springfield Armory V-16 6" 1911 .45
AMT Javelina 10mm (preferably 7")
STI EAGLE 6.0 10mm
STI Trojan 6.0 .45
HK Mk 23
HK USP Elite/Tactical .45
Star Megastar 10mm
AUTOMAG IV 10MM
S&W .460XVR
Interesting FN Five-Seven Package
Interesting Bren Ten Package
Sig 226 X-Five ( or Sig 226 X-Six )
Nice O/U shotgun
Something else you've got that's so cool I can't even imagine it...

email me at prizeferret@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 02:44:04 PM by jlseagull »

Offline WoodstockDoug

• Sharpshooter
Re: WTS/WTT : Desert Eagle .357 w/14" barrel,
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 08:39:41 PM »
How do you like that Thunder 5?  Obviously you didn't like it enough, since you are selling it, but can you tell us about it?

I've read a number of not-so-complimentary reviews of it, but I still find it fascinating.  Someday I think I will have to own one, just for its novelty value.  But after buying a R9 and a Glock 17 in a month, I'm not going to be acquiring any more guns for quite a while.  

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 08:45:24 PM »
JLS - I'd be tempted just for novelty value re DE or even the Thunder but - nothing to trade right now and no purchasing likely for some while.

A favor tho - those pics are HUGE!!  Even on my hi-res 21" screen the horizontal scroll is considerable.  They could be downsized quite a bit (I see they are on THR) before uploading and they'd show plenty enough detail.

Just my pet peeve ;)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline jlseagull

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 01:53:18 PM »
r9SC - Sorry about the pic sizes.  I guess I've gotten used to the auto-resize that IE often does.

Woodstock - Actually, I like the Thunder 5 a lot.. but I've developed a longslide itch that needs to be scratched.

IMO, the Thunder Five is worthless in the .45lc, but the .410 is actually quite decent.  Good spread at 10-20', enough velocity to embed birdshot in wood at 25', despite some reviews I've read.  

In many ways, I think it's an ideal gun for people who hate guns, but want something around for protection against wildlife and non-armed people.  This gun is loud, huge & intimidating, relatively low recoil, has decent spread and velocity at most person-to-person distances, with almost 0% chance of overpenetration.

The drawback is that realistically, you need to cock the hammer before firing.  When you watch the videos of the guys on the site shooting .410 rounds, notice that most of the jerking is caused by the guys yanking on the trigger, not the recoil of the rounds.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 10:31:12 PM »
jls - ahah - of course IE.  I do use it but mainly use Opera - so no resize.  Plus too the download still large.

Anyways - forgive the bi*ching - still great to see such ''beasts'' LOL ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.