Author Topic: 2nd Amendment  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Ratzo

• Forum Contributor
  • Expert
2nd Amendment
« on: August 08, 2005, 06:51:57 PM »
The Other day I sold a Gun to a (Soldier) at the Time I did not know until he said the Gun would be shipped to a State here in the US and he would e-mail me after he got to Afghanistan, I then got to thinking here is a Brave Soldier in a strange land fighting for people he does not know that enjoys the sport of guns, he and others are giving there lives to keep our Country Safe and as a Goverment soldier to Protect our 2nd Amendment and that being the US Constitution. What the real shame is that the Liberals in this country do Not care about the 2nd Amendment only trying to take it away, and they do Not care How they Do It, or what Cost to are soldiers.

I guess the Constitution Protects every one, Including Ted kennedy and Kerry and you know what they are about.

Just My Opinion.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: 2nd Amendment
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 09:55:18 PM »
You are dead right Ratzo.  

And the other thing - these young guys fighting out there are debarred from some aspects of (private) shooting/ownership thru age - and yet they are while serving, able to operate many guns and risk having to lay down their lives.

The liberalism against 2A is ever dangerous - and these people seem to have a perverted view on most things constitutional.  It remains a battle.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 10:15:30 PM »
Ratzo:

I posted this on July 19, but I'll post it again -- John Connor's definition of "Sheeple":

"Sheeple: Sheep-like people, many of whom deny the existence of wolves, and vote to pull the teeth of the sheepdogs who protect the flock."  Connor, J., Guncrank Diaries, AMERICAN HANDGUNNER (July/August 2005), at 24.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:05:55 AM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member & Cert. Pistol Instructor
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 10:33:20 PM »
Join the NRA ,if not already a member, and contribute if you can! You might not agree with every one of their positions but I firmly belive that without them we would not be owning guns as private citizens now. I know most of us are members already but it is suprising how many gun owners are not. ???
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 11:06:47 PM »
Absolutely!  Join the NRA!  If you are already a member of the NRA, continue your support!  Absolutely!  The law-abiding private citizens of most of our states now enjoy the right to carry a concealed weapon largely due to the efforts of the NRA.  The legislation recently signed by President Bush giving retired LEOs the right to carry concealed weapons across state lines was enacted by Congress largely due to the efforts of the NRA.  And the list goes on, and on, and on . . . .

Join and support the NRA!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 06:26:19 PM »
At the beginning of helping our gun rights you MUST support the NRA.. ;D

There are other National groups that certainly are standing up tall,Gun Owners Of America is one especially..

The State battlegrounds are where a lot of second amendment rights are defended,and we must do our part locally too.
My state-MI-has a couple that are in the forefront-MGOUC and SAFR.. :)

It is too bad that we have to have all these groups to protect a Constitutional Right.. :o

I cannot say how much I respect our soldiers serving for our right for freedom,and cannot ever do enough for them..And cannot ever thank them fully..

Thank you everyone that protects our Constitutional rights.. 8)

Brenden, A proud NRA Life Endowment member.. 8)

http://www.nra.org/

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 09:59:20 PM »
Brenden - amen Sir :)
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 12:03:27 PM »
The 2nd amendment is even more important than the 1st amendment as it protects the 1st. Without the 2nd we would be using sling shots, just ask the Brits.
 If you know a gun person who is not a NRA member ask them if they will join this very important organization.  
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 12:23:14 AM »
Well, I just joined the NRA mainly because of the encouragement received here.

I value the privilege of having a firearm and figured joining might help a little bit.

Thanks for recommending the NRA.

Bill
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:23:44 AM by Michigunner »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 09:11:48 AM »
Bill:

Congratulations, and thank you!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 10:34:36 AM »
At the gun shows in this area of Texas, there is a booth set up for membership in the NRA. I can't believe how many gun and hunter folks are not members. What is worst some will not join??!!!    I guess they feel that nothing can ever happen, yet the UN wants all guns taken away except for the governments. Go figure!    Tom

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 02:22:21 PM »
There will always be those that will cry out, " how did this happen ?", after some law or regulation comes out that effects them.  But until that happens they will continue to let "others" bear the load for them...

I recently discovered a close family member that is just totally apposite from me..  Not only is he not a NRA member,, he and his wife support Kerry, Dean/ Edwards,  Mickael Moore. !    I guess I wasn't as close as I thought.!!
 Told me the "Bowling for Dollars" movie "Cleared things up for him" :-[ :-X :'( :-* ::) ::)

I am not on their Christmas list.
RJ=

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 03:06:37 PM »
RJ, who cares!

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 03:23:48 PM »
I do just a little, but have to comfort myself just knowing my vote cancels out his.   And my Wife's vote takes care of his Wife's vote.  
We don't talk much anymore..    :-X
RJ=

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2005, 03:27:05 PM »
[size=13]I am not on their Christmas list.[/size]
Let me guess RJ - neither are they on yours ;D

What worries me is how many folks must be out there, with exact same view set. :(
Chris - R9S
R9 FAQ Site