Author Topic: Interesting read  (Read 3463 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
RJ=

Offline sslater

• Master
Re: Interesting read
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 04:57:39 PM »
RJ:  That post at S&W Forum is a good one.  

I'll go out on a limb and say the root cause of the problem is:
There are too many people out there who want the power without the responsibilities of being a LEADER.

I happen to believe the Left has a lot more people like that than the Right.  It never ceases to amaze me that people like the Mayor of NO & the Governor of LA are so quick to lay blame at the feet of "them & they" (the Feds and everybody else but themselves) after they failed to do their jobs!

As I recall, Mayor Rudy Giuliani and his team responded quickly after the 9-11 atrocity.  They didn't wait for the feds to tell them they had a catastrophe on thier hands before putting their rehearsed catastrophe plan into ACTION.

Finally, remember a few years ago when there were devastating floods in the upper midwest?  The governor of Wisconsin (I think) threw FEMA out, saying he's call them if he needed them.  Looks to me like there are folks out there just spoiling for a "reason" to blame the President.  

Maybe Michael Savage is right with the title of his new book:   "Liberalism is a Mental Disorder".  You can already get it at Barnes & Noble for less than half-price.

There, I feel better.   :P
Steve S.

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 06:36:17 PM »
Here is the original article from the American Renaissance:

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2005/09/africa_in_our_m.php

Civilized are we? NOT!

"One of the few whites at the Convention Center,
with her 11-month-old baby boy". God knows what they've been through at the convention center. God helps us all!

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 07:20:22 PM »
This disaster will become even more tragic if the racial extremists of any side are able to exploit it to weaken the diversity which our nation has paid so much to achieve.  

In my career, I have worked in Africa, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.  I do not claim to have seen it all, but I do claim to have seen much of it.  And my experience has been that depravity and incompetence and indifference are all color blind.  In Africa, I have seen the worst of humanity and the best of humanity.  I have also seen those attributes in people of the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and Latin America -- and also in my beloved America.

My old Cherokee grandmother taught me that I should judge other people not by the color of their skin or whether they agreed with me but only by the content of their character.  

And whenever I think that these earthly problems are overwhelming, I like to take a look at the following photograph taken by the Hubble telescope.  It reveals a billowing tower of cold gas and dust rising from a stellar nursery called the Eagle Nebula. The tower is 9.5 light-years or about 57 trillion miles high, about twice the distance from our Sun to the next nearest star.  When I contemplate such things, it occurs to me that we who are privileged to occupy this third rock from our own dying red star should begin trying to hang together.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
EASY<>Re: Interesting read
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 09:01:06 PM »
There are places I would not go to, even on a visit.  "BIG EASY", is one of them.

I know that all people of any race, are not bad, as in GENERIC.
But when you hear of behavior, as we have heard on TV and read on the Internet, it begins to sound like it's OK to steal and loot if you are poor.

No one in my family would do it.  We also don't park in the Fire Lanes in front of the Grocery store. We don't fire guns up in the air in our front yard.  I could go on, but you get the idea, it's not in the Genes, in comes from your family background and how you were raised.

Edited, big time
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 09:04:01 PM by RHEDLEY »
RJ=

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 09:11:27 PM »
Amen RJ.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 06:49:50 PM »
Amen from me too RJ.

Bigyimmy - welcome to the forum :) - is that a typo and your name is Jimmy?

I am going to post an interesting if long piece about tribes - where it is not color that matters - it is outlook, standards etc - much deeper things than just skin color.  I hope you guys will read it.

To add - it is so long it is near impossible to post even in chunks - unfortunately the limit per post seems awful small.  I will tho perhaps put a TXT file on my server and folks can get that or better still - go to the site where it is shown.

TRIBESand read it there.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 07:32:35 PM by R9SCarry »
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 07:20:30 PM »
Chris:

Interesting article.

In my tribe, looters deserve prolonged hard time in prison, and rapists, child molesters, and murderers deserve to be shot -- or hanged -- regardless of race, creed, or other distinction.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline bigyimmy

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 08:09:19 PM »
R9SCarry,

Thanks for the Tribe story.  Very interesting.

My name is Jimmy (Jim), but I do use 'bigyimmy' and it is not a typo.  Thank you for the kind welcome!   :)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 11:56:13 PM »
I just read ''Tribes'',  and I guess I've been in a "tribe' all the while, didn't know it..  I am very proud to be a member of Right Tribe !
RJ=

Offline Aglifter

• Grand Master
  • Thanks and Gig 'em
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 02:59:29 AM »
The tribe bit was very well written, and I thank you for posting it -- and was rather revolted by a couple of cops (not fair, that behavior would be disturbing from anyone) so degenerate they didn't even try to hide from the cameras...
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.