Author Topic: Question About Fair Price  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
Question About Fair Price
« on: November 10, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »
I have a brand new Rohrbaugh R9 box, manual, and papers that I'd like to sell.

A couple of years ago I bought my R9.  Someone stole it during shipping.  The box arrived at my FFL empty.  Rohrabugh sent me a new one the next day.  Yes, the ATF and some heavy hitters from the shipping company got involved (but that's a different story).  

Recently my FFL told me that they no longer needed to keep the box (as they had been directed) and gave it to me.  

Surely there is an R9 owner out there who needs a box and papers and manual, but I don't know what a fair price.  

Suggestions please...

**We Don't Rent Pigs***

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Question About Fair Price
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:13:40 PM »
I recall someone inquiring to Maria about a new R9 box and seems the price was $59.00;  I would think a fair price.........your call.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
If KJ is correct about a new box costing $59, I would say $40 to $45 for a box with the new style cut foam interior and maybe $30 to $35 for an older box with the egg crate style foam would be a fair price. But that's just my opinion. I've never looked for a box and papers for any of my firearms.

Offline Alphonso

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:30:43 AM »
Thanks for the help gents.
**We Don't Rent Pigs***