Author Topic: The Late "keltec"Troll Poster  (Read 5478 times)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
The Late "keltec"Troll Poster
« on: January 02, 2005, 11:18:23 AM »
Gater,
I noticed another forum has a Policy of deleting all signs of a disruptive poster.   Nothing is left for the sick @ss hole to read over and over.  

Think  of it as Sanitizing...
What do you think?
RJ=

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: The Late "keltec"Troll Poster
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 11:42:21 AM »

RJ,

I thought about that.  I am open to suggestions.  At this point I had left it because it clearly shows why he got booted, and basically just makes him look like an illiterate raving lunatic.  It also shows people on other boards where this thread was referenced what was going on...

If people think it does more harm than good now, I will delete it.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 12:04:33 PM »
 Fudster has a good suggestion in the "Water Cooler" forum.  
RJ=

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 01:59:56 PM »
IMO - It may be a good idea to be able to "remember" certain posts for "historical" sake.. :o

NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline 9mil.mouse

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2005, 06:47:37 PM »
I mainly read this forum for the worthwhile information which is here in abundance.  As far as I'm concerned, posts from trolls, kooks and troublemakers could be consigned to a Hall of Shame area for those who might occasionally enjoy reading them just for amusement.  THE 86'ed AREA might be a good heading for posts like this guy's.    ;D      :)      ;D

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2005, 09:01:50 PM »
This board if fairly troll free. If we continue to get only an occasional troll, then my thought would be to leave their posts in place. If we get a rash of trolls, then I would delete them just to make navigating the board easier.

Keep in mind that we don't want to dampen spirted debate. It would be useful to have examples as to what is not acceptable.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

Offline FireBreather01

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 12:51:11 AM »
I don't mind these as long as there are very few - it does more to illustrate the idiocy of guys like him than anything else. Maybe a 'cave' area open only to members with passwords would be a good place to park posts like that. I'm pretty good about checking in with my forums almost daily and if something has been deleted before I could see it my curiosity gets the best of me. I would like to see for myself why others saw something as objectionable. Just my .02!
Attitude is Everything
NRA Lifer, Instructor

Offline TW

• Grand Master
The Late "keltec"Troll Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 02:38:01 PM »
>>Why do I ALWAYS miss the blood and guts when trolls come a calling...?...!!  Oh well...I guess it's for my own good, huh.  **TW lays down his Troll bat**...TW<<

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 09:39:23 PM »
Every two or three months, I surf the web for gun and fly fishing boards.

I am always stunned by the number of trolls out there and how they spoil the free exchange of ideas.

I just don't understand why people have to be so stupid and counter-productive. You can have spirited debate without making an ass out of yourself.

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 12:18:18 PM »
[size=13] just makes him look like an illiterate raving lunatic[/size]

True Duane ... as I posted on the other thread .. he (she?) and his ilk very successfully prove self demeaning .. almost beyond laughable.  Main thing for us - it is just a PITA .. a thorn in side as was mentioned.

For now I'd leave the ''garbage talk'' where it is - all the better to let others see what a total jerk is actually like - he is more successful at gaining self ridicule than any of us could manage to achieve even if in full flame mode!! ;D

Should such drivel occur too often then sure .. some ''house keeping'' would be prudent ... but saving the garbage for a depository where we may all remind ourselves if need be, of just how pathetic some folks can be.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2005, 01:51:33 PM »
Having seen some of the forum politics on some larger forums, I think it is advantageous to leave the posts visible so all can see what happened and why.  I think that when someone gets banned, it increases confidence in the administrators and moderators if everyone can see that the banned poster made a complete moron out of himself before getting the boot.

We've been fortunate to attract very few trolls, and the threads they start and/or ruin can just drift into oblivion through passage of time.  Otherwise, I like the suggestion of a "troll hole", "cave", etc. for the threads started by the troublemakers.  Again, leave it open for all to see.

Of course, if something raises issues of defamation, copyright violation, obscentiy, etc., then deleting the material is appropriate.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2005, 01:57:55 PM by BillinPittsburgh »
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.