Author Topic: Special Deal on Bond Bullpup (Boberg)  (Read 8200 times)

Offline thewalk

• Sharpshooter
Special Deal on Bond Bullpup (Boberg)
« on: November 14, 2017, 07:33:41 PM »
Four magazines and a Bullpup for $977. Price increases January 1. I learned about this awesome gun on this forum, so I thought you should be made aware.

https://bondarms.com/bullpup-year-end-special/

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Special Deal on Bond Bullpup (Boberg)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 07:37:41 PM »
I saw that earlier on their website; thanks, but I will pass on the pug nose pup.

Offline jh225

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:49:15 PM »
Kahn PM9 is shorter, narrower, lighter, and only gives up 1 round with the flush fit mag. Same capacity with the extended mag.

Thanks, but I will pass on the quirky design and stick to the proven pistol.

BTW, I don’t consider the PM9 or Boberg to be direct competition with the R9. I KNOW the PM9 is easier to shoot and I would venture to guess so is the Boberg. R9 is way cool, but it is certainly not fun to shoot, and can’t use +P either.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 09:26:48 AM »
The Boberg is a different animal...a bit larger, real sights, night sights, +P and 8 rounds.  I have the shorty and the long and both are a joy to shoot.  I am not a great shot, but with the Boberg I can put 8 rounds in a paper plate rapid fire from 7 yards.  Unlike the PM and the R9, it is also effective from 20 yards, at least for me.  It is easy to carry.  Nevertheless, I mostly carry my R9...Why?...It is considerably smaller, the best carry piece ever, powerful and it is intended for use a bad-breath range so does not require full sights, night sights, or even +P ammo.  Just my opinion.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 10:54:59 AM »
Well said, as usual.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:29:43 AM »
If you can't hit at defensive distance, 21 feet, with the R9 you REALLY need range time. I can easily put 3 rounds into 1 inch at 21 feet. At 50 feet you should be able to keep all 6 rounds in 12 inches.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 03:53:10 PM »
Kevin, you are right, however with the R9 I can usually put only 4 to 5 rounds in the pie plate rapid fire off the front sight at 21 feet due to the recoil.  Slow aimed fire is a different matter, but in a defensive situation slow aimed fire is not the usual circumstance.  At 20 yards the R9 is not all that accurate, at least in my 75 year old arthritic hands (with a developing tremor of aging and really bad eyes).  If I thought I'd need a handgun at 20+ yards I'd carry one of my .45's or the HK USPC in .40.  Sometimes you just gotta play the cards you are dealt.  By the way, I'm still pretty good with a scalpel!  ;D
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »
If you're a candidate I highly recommend premium lens replacement with cataract surgery. I just finished mine and threw away the glasses with 20/20 in the left eye and 20/30 in the right.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
If you're a candidate I highly recommend premium lens replacement with cataract surgery. I just finished mine and threw away the glasses with 20/20 in the left eye and 20/30 in the right.

I tried something a bit different. I got a 'blue' gun and took it to the eye doctor. They made a pair of lenses with clear glass at the bottom but she measured my arm extended, with the 'blue' gun, 25 inches from eye to front sight. She then had the glass cut to a type of upside down bifocals. With the focus point at 25 inches.

USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 01:37:39 PM »
I did the same thing before I did the Lasik except I had them put the focal point at the end of a golf club. Golf was more of a problem than shooting at the time. Please excuse the slight thread drift but eyesight is an important subject here.

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 04:49:23 PM »
Just got the December issue of American Rifleman. They did their 'road test' of the Bullpup9. It is ammo sensitive but  overall got a good review. 
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Indy resident

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »

Tracker, I surely wish I could do that.  My cornea are so deformed that contacts and lasix won't work.  Had both caracts done 2 years apart with a round lenses left and oval on the right!!!  I now have double vision and shoot off my right eye (20/40+).  Bummer, but, hey, as a 75 year old geezer, my most likely scenario is conflict at 10 feet with a predator who sees easy prey and maybe has a serious misunderstanding in consequence.
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 06:22:28 PM »
Did you have some associated astigmatism?

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 09:08:40 PM »
Just got the December issue of American Rifleman. They did their 'road test' of the Bullpup9. It is ammo sensitive but  overall got a good review.

Working on my review for Shooting Illustrated...

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline offrdmania

• Expert
  • Desperately Needs Treatment
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 09:08:47 AM »
I wish they would make the long version. The appearance alone is a face that only a mother could love.