Author Topic: Car guns.  (Read 1987 times)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
Car guns.
« on: January 04, 2018, 03:43:37 PM »
I ALWAYS have one of my R9's in my front pocket, but in a car, with seatbelt on, that is impossible to draw. Beside my seat is a 9+1 round Star BM, only $229 so in case of theft it isn't going to be missed. Over 600 rounds without a failure with S&B. So I am fully confident in it if called on. Much rather keep my Cabot 103 but for $4000+ I don't want to risk it. In the trunk I keep a SXS 12 gauge with OOO buck and a stock sleeve with 6 more rounds.

What are your car guns?
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Car guns.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 06:47:06 PM »
CZ-82 in the door, FAL behind the seat.  Plus a Glock 20 if I've got the get-me-home bag in the back.

Online backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:58:29 PM »
Pocket, R9 or Seecamp .32 depending on Florida weather and dress requirements.  Car is usually an H&K USPC .40, sometimes a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 and rarely a .38 revolver.  A car gun firing loud or supersonic rounds (9mm, .357, etc.)will likely deafen you for life, so I suspect some care should be taken in making the choice.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 04:00:14 PM »
Pocket, R9 or Seecamp .32 depending on Florida weather and dress requirements.  Car is usually an H&K USPC .40, sometimes a Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 and rarely a .38 revolver.  A car gun firing loud or supersonic rounds (9mm, .357, etc.)will likely deafen you for life, so I suspect some care should be taken in making the choice.

I shot many thousands of rounds in the Marines with a M-14 and no hearing protection. Yes I do have some hearing damage, but I think it would take a lot of rounds fired in enclosed spaces to really cause total damage. The other side of the coin is shooting from inside a car may bring legal issues BUT as a last resort we do what we must.

Defensive driving is also helpful. Don't get blocked in at stops, stay in right lane with 8-12 feet of clear space in front of you in case you have to go over a curb to get away and keep your doors locked.

I live in the suburbs where crime is almost non existent but 12-15 miles into Indy we had 154 murders last year. Hope for the best but plan for the worst.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one