Author Topic: The New Auto Mag Company  (Read 30599 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: The New Auto Mag Company
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 10:40:42 AM »
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 10:42:23 AM by MRC »

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 11:30:11 AM »

Harry in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wHYzOzuENE

MRC you are now on my #%%&*%$## list. Now I HAVE to get one.  It was always on my short list not it just jumped to #1. As to price. I will do what I usually do when the 'boss' asks the price. I just cut the price in half and lie. ;) ;)

p.s. the black guy with the shotgun is the same actor in a earlier 'Harry' movie. He was the robber that Clint said to " Did I fire 5 or 6? Do you feel lucky."
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 11:26:05 PM »

p.s. the black guy with the shotgun is the same actor in a earlier 'Harry' movie. He was the robber that Clint said to " Did I fire 5 or 6? Do you feel lucky."

He also played the pimp in Magnum Force, at least he got to play a good guy in one movie :)

Offline kevinqjhps

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2018, 12:47:13 PM »

He also played the pimp in Magnum Force, at least he got to play a good guy in one movie :)

That's right. He drove the big Eldo with the fur interior. He is one of those actors that you recognize but really don't know who he is.
USMC
Disabled Vet
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
FORMER Cincy Bengals fan
Three times a week shooter
Indy resident

Those who disrespect the American flag have never been handed a folded one

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »
The guys at Auto Mag are off to the SHOT Show.

Here is their booth video, kinda cool I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnOcMP7xp2o

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 02:49:43 PM »
One of the guys who received his Auto Mag posted this picture.  I'm really wanting mine to get here soon.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
I'm tempted to buy one. Does one deal direct with the mfg. or thru a ffl.? it is nice to see a posting about such a high quality firearm.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 07:20:00 PM »
I'm tempted to buy one. Does one deal direct with the mfg. or thru a ffl.? it is nice to see a posting about such a high quality firearm.

Production is very very limited.  You deal direct with the company and you have to be on their wait list.  They email when they have an opening in production and you take it or leave it then.

Here is their website, it should explain things there or you could call or email them.  They will be at SHOT this week.

http://www.automag.com/

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 07:31:48 PM »
Thanks for the info.!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »
Look them over closely Norm, the AMP's aren't for everyone.

They are big and noisy and not a gun to shoot indoors if that is what you are limited to.  They have been a handloading project for most of their life but the new owners have SBR out of Georgia selling new ammo for $50 a box and it has been getting good reviews.

I have read reviews from two owners so far and they have been impressed with the quality and the functioning.  I was told by Patrick that mine would ship last week but I have not heard anything.  Getting ready for SHOT could have slowed things up.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 08:53:26 AM »
My favorite gun to shoot is a Colt 8" Anaconda .44 magnum. I love guns with big booms! Thanks for the info.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 09:47:33 AM »
My favorite gun to shoot is a Colt 8" Anaconda .44 magnum. I love guns with big booms! Thanks for the info.

I have never shot an Anaconda but I have owned and shot both 6" and 8 3/8" Smith 629's and the Auto Mags are easier to shoot with full power loads.

The advantage of a revolver is you can download to get a more user friendly load.  The AMP's are recoil operated and one can only go so low and still get 100% functioning.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 10:35:13 AM »

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 10:40:31 AM »
Charles Bronson would be proud...

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 10:51:15 AM »
Charles Bronson would be proud...

Bronson had the Wildey, Eastwood used the Auto Mag.