Author Topic: Kimber Micro 9  (Read 2889 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Kimber Micro 9
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:27:23 PM »
I have to first admit that I have never been a Kimber fan. I have always loved the aesthetics of Kimbers more than the workings of them. I recently went to a local gun show and had the opportunity to check out Kimber's new Micro 9. Very sleek in my opinion. 15.6 ozs w/ magazine, aluminum frame, stainless slide, & a smooth trigger. My only complaint is that my pinky finger was dangling off in space. A nice extended magazine would do the job nicely. I look up on the Kimber website and they have just that for $29.50. So, I buy the gun. I go to order the magazine extension & I failed to read that they are backordered until October 15th. The women explains to me that Kimber is having a tough time keeping up with the demand for the Micro 9 & the demand for the extended magazines exceeded their projections. What now? Sitting next to the Micro 9 box is my Sig P938 box. I look at the magazine extension for that gun and the magazine looks identical to the Kimbers. I place a regular P938 magazine into the Kimber and it fits and functions perfectly! I place the extended magazine for the P938 into the Kimber and it is a tad too high on the rubber extension. I go to my local gunsmith and he files off a smidge. Fits perfectly! Works perfectly! I am a happy camper. Now, off to the range to shoot it. I'll let you know...
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Kimber Micro 9
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:05:53 PM »
Interesting!..hope it works correctly.  I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II in .45 that has always functioned perfectly and which has a wonderful trigger as well.  Also have a Solo that I haven't shot much since the R9 is my preferred carry.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis