Author Topic: Well I have an RM380 on the way  (Read 3670 times)

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
Well I have an RM380 on the way
« on: November 28, 2016, 12:13:30 AM »
The Black Friday sale with Remington's Black Friday $40 rebate clinched it for me.  I got Black Friday free shipping so the gun is costing me a total of $239.00

I've only dry fired an RM380 once and while the trigger was similar to my R9, it wasn't quite as nice. But we'll see...

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: Well I have an RM380 on the way
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:15:36 AM »
Nice deal.  I  contemplate getting one of those just about every time I see one on a display shelf.

Let us know how it shoots.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »
Well my initial impression is I don't like what they've done with the angle of the trigger.  With The R9, my trigger finger falls naturally on the trigger, with the RM380 the end of the trigger "sticks me" in the finger, it pokes me about 3/4 of the way down the pad and then I have to readjust my finger.  Maybe with practice this will go away.  I can understand thinking that adding a slide stop and side mounted magazine release would be an improvement - I didn't think so but I can understand the thinking.  I wish they wouldn't have monkeyed with the trigger.  So far I'm just shooting Snap Caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 09:54:34 AM »
$239 is a great deal.  Could there be a $300 RM9 in the works?

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 04:13:10 PM »
Wow! . . . . That is $4.00 less than what Karl and I had to pay for our "Professional curtesy" RM380s! Good deal. BTW, once you start shooting it like I have, the trigger does get smoother after about 100 rounds or so . . . . . . or, you could put a snap cap in the chamber and pull the trigger while watching television. lol. They did a nice job at the price point they are at! So happy they stayed with the 7075 aircraft aluminum for the frame rather than going with a plastic frame as they were originally thinking. I told them while working with the transition team and Remington R&D early on in 2014, that they just purchased a firearm with a "Cult Following", and if they went with the plastic frame instead of the metal frame, it would be game over. They listened to that much of what I had to say at least and kept the metal frame. When handling the RM380, you know it is a "real" firearm and not a polymer framed gun. . . . . and that is a very nice touch. Good for them doing the right thing here. Just saying...........

Eric R.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 04:17:46 PM »
Well my initial impression is I don't like what they've done with the angle of the trigger.  With The R9, my trigger finger falls naturally on the trigger, with the RM380 the end of the trigger "sticks me" in the finger, it pokes me about 3/4 of the way down the pad and then I have to readjust my finger.  Maybe with practice this will go away.  I can understand thinking that adding a slide stop and side mounted magazine release would be an improvement - I didn't think so but I can understand the thinking.  I wish they wouldn't have monkeyed with the trigger.  So far I'm just shooting Snap Caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree with you on the trigger 100%. Same here! They opened up the area of the trigger guard but did not recalibrate the angles of the trigger to match!? Silly, I would love to have told them that, but they let us go after the transition, rather than keep us around for further developments. LOL ~ I guess they know better than we mortals, lol, but yes. . . . I'm sure that was an oversight that, it seems, no one at Remington has picked up on nor done anything about. Other than the incorrect trigger sizing / angle. . . . it is, overall, a nice little BUG.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.