Author Topic: Special tool  (Read 20946 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Special tool
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2010, 03:02:43 PM »

That's the one: Steve Bedair's tool (no longer made by him) but can be cheaply put together. Thanks, Richard.

Offline cordy

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2010, 10:10:27 PM »
I got it now, I'll use the PVC fitting to hold the hole open & get the pin out (I use a cut off q-tip to remove the pin) The fuse pullers work fine on getting the spring(s) off & on & I'll be careful on squaring up the spring assembly to the barrel base.  I slide the top on, use the PVC to get the pin started, turn the pistol right side up, grab the slide and the pin slides in with little effort.  To be sure it worked I did the tear down 6-8 time.  Thanks for all of your input & good ideas. This forum is the best, I got the tear down problem fixed, I found the grip extensions & I got a really nice pocket pistol... life is good right now.
Jimbo

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »

Good on you, mate.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2010, 10:54:49 PM »
I got it now, I'll use the PVC fitting to hold the hole open & get the pin out (I use a cut off q-tip to remove the pin) The fuse pullers work fine on getting the spring(s) off & on & I'll be careful on squaring up the spring assembly to the barrel base.  I slide the top on, use the PVC to get the pin started, turn the pistol right side up, grab the slide and the pin slides in with little effort.  To be sure it worked I did the tear down 6-8 time.  Thanks for all of your input & good ideas. This forum is the best, I got the tear down problem fixed, I found the grip extensions & I got a really nice pocket pistol... life is good right now.

Excellent.  cordy.  Glad it all worked out for ya!  Continue to enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2010, 01:05:53 AM »
cordy,
   Congratulations on mastering the pup. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline flintsghost

• Expert
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2011, 03:18:37 AM »
A special pair of pliers to compress the recoil spring assembly shouldn't be too hard to come up with, rather than Vice grips.  You might be able to use a Vice Grip welders clamp and cut it out to fit.   Or a pair of medium slip joint pliers with a fitted plate for each end of the assembly welded on each jaw. It's not like it's rocket science...oh bad example... read auto computer electronics instead.

A tool to compress and disassemble  the entrie assembly so you wouldn't have to send it back?   Take a peak into a Brownells catalog and look at the compression tool made for dismounting the firing pin on a Remington 700.   It won't work but the idea might if someone wanted to try and make one.  It's simply a spring compression device and some version of it is probably used at the factory for assembly/disassembly.
Clips go in womens hair, magazines go into firearms