Author Topic: What ammo do you use for carry?  (Read 4987 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: What ammo do you use for carry?
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 09:58:44 PM »
I'll be honest - I had 124's in good qty - and only a limited number of 115's - for testing.

if you look up my results (links thru the FAQ site) you'll see that apparently the 115's do have sl better expansion but - figures from chrono - energy factors etc - are about on a par.

Thus, when done testing, and having a good number of 124's on hand - that was it - they became carry!  That simple.!  I guess too as carry ammo is more pricey I was not keen to go out spending more, just to have 115's.

Overall, maybe an ''old fashioned'' thing - I have always preferred heavier bullets - even with 38's I prefer 158's but have made concession there to the light Cor Bon's.

Gold Dots tho?  I really would feel no more or less confident having either the 115 or 124.  Sort of ambivalance!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2005, 08:23:16 AM »
Extreme Shock "Fang Face" in the chamber, + 6 Magsafe in the magazine.  This stuff is 'way too pricey to practice with, but I've spent the money to shoot 4 mags of Magsafe and it feeds reliably.  the Fang Face bullet configuration is too round-nosed to reliably feed, which is why it is found in my gun already in the chamber.  The Magsafe, by the way, is low-flash, low-recoil.  The terminal ballistics are, well, breathtaking.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 10:27:56 PM »
which magsafe?