Author Topic: GunBroker  (Read 3400 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
GunBroker
« on: June 03, 2014, 07:12:50 AM »

Can someone tell me what made this pistol go so high?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=417884899

Offline mannylinda

• Expert
Re: GunBroker
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:35:10 AM »
I have been watching also. My guess is that it was a Farmingdale! If you recall a short while back an Elite went for very low bid. The fact that Rohrbaugh production is still up in the air, may be that result. It was a fine looking piece. On Gunbroker some times things get crazy. It is the 1st  of the month and people get there checks about now. Wait a day or two to see if it gets re-listed. I also watch S&W model 547's and one went a while back for way to much money. I guess it is like watching Storage Wars. They over pay on it sometimes also. I did a little more research on the buyer, they purchased several Rohrbaughs on the auction and the .380 mag that was there forever. Congrats to them.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:57:43 AM by mannylinda »

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 09:58:04 PM »
It is a Farmingdale, but did not seem to come with original carbon fiber grips, which is a negative. Unless I missed something, which is always possible. A few extra mags were included , which of course does not make up for the lack of the original grips. Once again something is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 10:06:59 PM »
Crazy price with VZ grips, ordinary provenance, and average condition; works for me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 10:09:23 PM by tracker »

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »
Crazy price with VZ grips, ordinary provenance, and average condition; works for me.

Works for me too  ;D
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 08:52:20 AM »
Well to each their own, I do not get it, but who knows, certainly did not get my attention except for the price. Maybe he just has very deep pockets and maybe has a set of original grips and more money than he knows what to do with. Pretty sure good condition Farmingdales, especially the more unique pieces, will rise in price with the changes that are going on.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 03:43:11 AM »
Maybe the person was wanting to get this for a consecutive set,it's there favorite number? I don't know really.It's not even a non prefix gun?

I agree that the Farmie value is most likely going to rise..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline SixStringTheory

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 10:04:49 PM »
I owned R449 until it was stolen from me. Just 4 #'s difference. I still have the sister to the R9S as I got 2 of them together. I worked at the Farmingdale factory and received the 2 as payment for my work there. I would love to get that piece back, but it's been on the Florida stolen gun database for 8 years now. Probably not going to ever see it again.  :(