Author Topic: Got home to my Rohrbaugh  (Read 2709 times)

Offline MN Lefty

Got home to my Rohrbaugh
« on: June 26, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »
Sunday I had a medical emergency that required ambulance ride to hospital from church.  I'm 68 yrs. old and live in a town of 55000.  Before being loaded into ambulance, I asked to speak to the police officer.  He came over and I informed him that I was licensed ccw and had a holstered Rohrbaugh in my LH front pocket.  I wanted him to secure for me.  He asked me to remove holster gun for him which I did and also my spare mag both in Recluce holsters.  He thanked me for informing him.  He gave my wife his card and told her how I could retrieve my gun later.  I just got home today and my Rohrbaugh was waiting for me in my gun safe.  My son knew the officer and was able to sign for it and return it home.  I knew the police on scene would be better than security at hospital.  Everything worked out like it should.  I carry 24/7.  Hope you enjoyed a success story.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Got home to my Rohrbaugh
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:07:01 PM »

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Svarog

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »
This is a great great story. Thank you so much for sharing . I wish you well. Stay safe.

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 04:22:44 PM »
Glad you and your weapon are both home safely!
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline Buffalo

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 09:19:18 PM »
Glad to hear that you are okay and that story is how it should work when things go right.
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
― The Dalai Lama (May 2001)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 02:01:48 PM »
MN Lefty:

Having spent each day and night since 3/6/14 sitting by my wife's bedside at three different hospitals and one rehabilitation facility, I've seen  lot of coming and going at these institutions. I don't post much during this time but do log into the Forum now and then to check on developments.

The purpose of this post is to welcome you to the Forum, congratulate you on the way you handled the incident you describe, express gratitude over your release from hospital, and wish you a complete recovery from the medical crisis.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MN Lefty

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 03:59:49 PM »
Richard S

Thank you.