Author Topic: WTB mint Covert or Coyote  (Read 5724 times)

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
WTB mint Covert or Coyote
« on: September 13, 2019, 05:42:36 PM »
If you have one, and it’s time to part, please email me. Chrisodasso@comcast.net
Thank you!

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
Re: WTB mint Covert or Coyote
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 10:19:32 PM »
The Covert is an aftermarket mod like the Cogan. 

Someone got a great deal for this one last week.  $956 with chrome, grip extension, checkering, and sight dots drilled in.  Doesn't look like it has the ported barrel some Cogans have.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/830256919

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 12:55:05 AM »
Thank you, Phil.  After I posted my request, I read one of Eric’s posts, from a a couple of years back, and learned about the Covert being aftermarket.
Now I know about the Cogan, from you.  The Covert is a beautiful gun and I bet the Cogan is as well.
I have to stop somewhere. Otherwise, I would soon be looking at different periods in the development of this great firearm, if I were trying for a complete collection.  That would become an expensive proposition. 
Maybe I’ll just keep looking for that coyote.
Thank you for the information!

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 01:12:15 AM »
Dog-gone-it!  I just found a couple pictures of that Cogan. I think it’s pretty hard not to have that gun in the collection!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 07:06:40 AM »
Dog-gone-it!  I just found a couple pictures of that Cogan. I think it’s pretty hard not to have that gun in the collection!

Those things do happen Chris.

.  .  .  .  .  .  .  .  Let your mind go and indulge yourself with it's charm.     lol
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 09:44:28 AM »
Just wondering...How many Coyotes were made?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 01:01:18 PM »
It is in that post from Eric a couple of years ago, and I can’t remember off-hand., was it 7 to 10?
And you know the danger, there are a couple different colors. :-)

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 01:05:06 PM »
Post was in March 2017. Seven or eight were made.  You’ve owned some great guns, Norm. I bought my first Stealth from you, in 2012, I believe.  Which are your favorite models?

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 01:34:42 PM »
I just saw your post, Eric,in this thread, and I’ve already resigned myself. I’m going to have to add a Cogan and Covert.
Dog-gone, you, and your works of art! They’re gonna lead me into the poor house. Do me a favor, all you guys; don’t tell me about any other models!

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 04:37:30 PM »
Post was in March 2017. Seven or eight were made.  You’ve owned some great guns, Norm. I bought my first Stealth from you, in 2012, I believe.  Which are your favorite models?
I am partial to a Stealth with VZ Black/Grey checkered grips with a black mag extension. I sold long ago a Coyote & a Cogan with ports that I still kick myself in the ass for selling. I had over 28 Rohrbaughs & a safe I couldn't close any longer.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 05:08:41 PM »
That was a great collection.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »
Someone came up with a list of all the models and it’s got to be over a hundred, so you’re definitely going to be broke trying to get one of each. It’s not just standard or Stealth.  It’s sights or no sights.  Farmingdale or Deer Park.  R9S or R9.  R or no R serial.  No USA slide, USA slide, U.S.A. Slide. Standard, Steath, Stealth Elite, Special Forces, Tribute, “Silver”.   I have a “Custom”, which is a Special Forces with a green slide.  I think it’s one of only two.  Elite Premiums were serial number 1-16 of 16 and came in a Rohrbaugh display case.  Rohrbaugh knives were black or stainless and plain blade or serrated, so there’s four more to buy.  Another grail gun is the factory engraved and gold accented 3000.  There were a bunch of custom serial numbers with peoples’ initials.  An NRA auction item with a custom serial.  The guns from the Rohrbaugh manual cover photo. 

Norm, if it makes you feel better, that Coyote you let go wasn’t a real Coyote.  The coating was so thick the slide wouldn’t function.  The barrel wasn’t black like the Coyotes. 

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 10:17:49 PM »
Thank you.  What was the “Silver”?   You know, the more I think about it, I saw that listing for the Cogan that you noted.  I remember seeing the finish and just not knowing what to think about it, purely because I didn’t know what I was looking at. What a shame.

Offline PhilZ

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2019, 10:39:49 AM »
I think the Silver was an experiment to see how an all silver frame and slide would look.  They came out before the Tribute. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 10:45:38 AM by PhilZ »

Offline Covert23

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2019, 01:09:27 PM »
Darn it! I check gunbroker all the time.  Not sure how I missed that Cogan!!!