Author Topic: Which gun to sell for R9s?  (Read 9049 times)

Offline Calvin Cooledge

• Expert
Whittler's Mother...
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2005, 03:46:27 PM »
Welcome, ArneIO!

I am like you in some ways, I had WAY too many different caliber
guns and it was driving me meshuggenah (pronounced "meshuggenah")
So I got real and whittled it down (wish I could whittle down my knife collection;^) and now am at the sane 2 calibers to mess with, 9mm and .45ACP. I figure I need at least one Hi Cap .45 in case of Armegeddon (as in Armegeddon Outta Here;^) and a stable of 9mm "other" guns. (This doesn't include shotguns, now, hear?)

So, get rid of the stuff you don't need and concentrate on that which you do need. Whittle it down. I have some great knives for that...

Hayword N. Edgewise

I guess the consensus is sell everything except the P7 and buy the R9 now... hopefully, I can find one at the gun show to see and feel  ;D  It's a shame that I can't rent one to shoot first!

My major concern is stepping down from the .40 and .357 to a regular 9mm and also that the R9 is a little picky with ammunition.  My Glocks and 340PD are extremely reliable.  I hope I'll be able to say the same about the R9.

Thanks again for everyone's advice  :)
"I'm spreading my loyalty around..." - Calvin Cooledge

Offline EdMan

• Expert
Re: Which gun to sell for R9s?
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2005, 03:47:59 PM »
cuteo100,
Great pictures of the HK P7 and R-9. What camera did you use?

Offline EdMan

• Expert
Re: Which gun to sell for R9s?
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2005, 03:59:28 PM »
Calvin,
Great word, meshuggenah. I to have a meshuggenah of guns and calibers. I think the .45 and .40 S&W calibers are the best all round self defense pistol rounds, but are often hard to conceal. So I still use my .380 and 9mm pistols. My main home defense pistol is a Glock .40cal model 23, but my main defense "weapon" is a Winchester Pump 12ga shot gun.

Ed