Author Topic: Black Talon  (Read 8396 times)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: Black Talon
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 01:12:27 PM »
I was at the Dallas Safari Club show this week and talked with the folks at Federal. They are running their equipment 24/7, even the .32acp, .380acp and 9mm.   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »
Interesting.  I'd assume all other manufacturers are doing this as well.  It'll be interesting to see if ammo becomes easier to find after the 2010 elections are over provided one party doesn't do very well.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 02:00:48 PM »
I was at the Dallas Safari Club show this week and talked with the folks at Federal. They are running their equipment 24/7, even the .32acp, .380acp and 9mm.   Tom

How about Winchester?  I don't see Silvertips becoming available in any caliber.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »

I found .45/185 gr. available at Cabela's  last week with some .9mm Silvertips on back order of two weeks.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2010, 02:34:23 PM »
I have had an order in for 9mm Winchester 115 gr. Silvertips from Cabela's since April, 09.  In December, 09, the backorder got down to 0-1 week, then two weeks.  I just checked, moments ago, and it's back to 0-1 week.  As soon as it gets down to 1 week, it goes back to two weeks.  I even got an email last week saying expected ship date, Jan. 15.  Will not happen.

I also have an order in for the same with Sportsman's Guide and their expected ship date is Feb. 15.

I'm not in need of these orders, but don't see the Silvertips showing up anywhere except from individuals or Gunshops on GunBroker.com and GunsAmerica.

I looked at Bass Pro Shop in GA. in December and nothing.

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 04:06:04 PM »
Just got back from Wally world and Sports Authority and zilch.  In fact, my sport's authority sells nothing but airsoft.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »
Our Walmart has nothing.  Maybe some big caliber rifle ammo.  No handgun ammo at all.  I've grown tired of going by the gun shop here, as nothing has changed.  

They have foreign ammo that I don't use.  Have been looking for Winchester .45 Long Colt Silvertips for the longest time.  

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 04:42:02 PM »
My neighborhood FFL just decided to consolidate his two stores into one. Unfortunately for me, the store he is retaining is located in the neighboring county. For me, it simply means driving an hour rather than ten minutes each way. The disturbing factor is the comment my friend made explaining his decision to downsize his operation: "The stress and paperwork in keeping two stores in operation has just become too much."

With the closure of the local store, five good men have lost part-time employment -- two of them were "moonlighting" LEO's helping to support their families and three were retired military personnel supplementing their pensions.

I have some choice words for all of this, but they are not appropriate for this Forum.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:42:39 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »
Every time I'm in our gun shop, the owner says he may not be there next year and says he may not renew his Class III license for this year.  

Each time he says, it's not getting any better.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 05:41:49 PM »
It all seems like a squeeze play between a softening economy and increasingly more stringent regulations. The merchants and their customers are in the vise, and the medical profession is about to be pushed over the edge also.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »
Our city was supposed to get a Home Depot and a Golden Coral steak house, and it didn't happen.  Of course the Home Depot was hit with the building recession and the steak house with the economy situation.

Our Mall now has about 20% occupancy and looks like a true ghost town when walking through.  

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 12:10:49 AM »
20% occupancy is a recipe for disaster.   I didn't know more and more restrictions on gun shops were coming down forcing many to close.  

I truly doubt that within the next 2 years ammo demand will slump to where there is a decent supply and cheaper prices.  The only real thing driving prices is pure demand.  Metals have generally fallen from their peak (except precious metals) last I checked.

One thing is for sure, this all stinks and it's actually kind of scary when one thinks about the cause and effects of all this.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 01:18:20 AM »
I was at my local Walley-World a couple of days ago, and picked up a 100rd pack of WWB ($35) 230gr. 45acp, and they had some 50rd boxes ($20) also. There was 9mm and as always 40S&W on the shelves.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »
Always the stuff I don't need.    :(

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 08:52:51 AM »
20% occupancy is a recipe for disaster.

I agree and it's getting worse; not any Mall traffic.