Author Topic: This is unbelievable....what an idiot  (Read 6905 times)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: This is unbelievable....what an idiot
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 08:47:44 AM »
Doctor Ward:

Great post over there.  And now those of us who try to keep track of such things (such as this proud owner of "No. 132") know who has that rare "No. 3."   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »
Richard.  Great information, and yes an outstanding post from Dr. Ward; amazing now to know who owns the "3"!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 11:09:19 AM »
I caught that also. For some reason I'm thinking its his third R9 and not serial #3.  But then again I have been up for 38 hours now and thinking may not be at its best right now.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
Corey:

Dr. Ward is one of the original investors in the company and I believe served as a consultant with respect to the pistol's design in relation to the orthopedics of the human hand. I wouldn't be surprised if he had multiple R9s, but I think we now know who owns "No. 3."

Now, I have only a J.D., not an M.D. degree, but after 38 hours it's time for you to get some sleep!   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 12:50:12 PM »
Good night Corey ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 02:04:35 PM »
I re-read it with both eyes and I see I was wrong.  Hope to sleep tonight but that depends on how my wife is doing.  Were in the hospital dealing with blood clots in her lungs.  

Wow, #3!  DROOOOOOOOOOL

Offline imthduke

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 02:25:40 PM »
This is really big of this guy....sure Rohrbaugh is waiting with baited breath for him to give his ultimate approval of the R9 ;D

---Quote---
the r9 and r380 is a LOCKED BREECH design, not the blow back. we have a 250th inch free bore and almost 60th lockup. the reason that the seacamp and the guardian hurt so much is due to their blow back design.
NOW, to further clarify , THIS GUN DOES NOT FALL APART AFTER 150 ROUNDS. since it is this small and the tolerances are tight, we (rohrbaughs) recommend cleaning maintainance etc. this is not a range gun, but i use it like that anyway.
---End Quote---
Well, I'll take that as authoritative! The reviews on the gun have been mixed and none of them (that I've read) speak of a locked breech, nor is that a selling point on your website - something you could and should correct.
I (and a lot of other people) dismiss even pocket sized .380 blowbacks, which explains the popularity of the Mustang and the new P238 among people who are willing to pay a bit more for well designed guns.

So, thanks for stepping up, and perhaps as production ramps up and prices drop I may even take one of your guns home. I'll buy the extra springs in advance.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:27:09 PM by imthduke »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 02:36:23 PM »
I re-read it with both eyes and I see I was wrong.  Hope to sleep tonight but that depends on how my wife is doing.  Were in the hospital dealing with blood clots in her lungs.  

Wow, #3!  DROOOOOOOOOOL

Corey.  Sorry to hear about your wife.  Sure hope she's doing better.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline imthduke

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 02:43:31 PM »
I get no respect.

I don't have #3 but I do have a very rare R9. I have # 1730 ;D It is rare because it was the only 1730 made.

You have any idea what happened in 1730?

Benjamin Franklin married Miss Read. Of course you knew that....so you could say I have the Ben Franklin Commemorative edition R9 ;D

Well, I could.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
Corey:

No wonder you have been up for so long! I've been in similar straits with my own beloved wife. You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 05:07:02 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »
I get no respect.

I don't have #3 but I do have a very rare R9. I have # 1730 ;D It is rare because it was the only 1730 made.

You have any idea what happened in 1730?

Benjamin Franklin married Miss Read. Of course you knew that....so you could say I have the Ben Franklin Commemorative edition R9 ;D

Well, I could.

Duke:

What you have there in No. 1730  is the very rare "Baron von Steuben Commemorative." Without him, George Washington might not have been able to hold the Continental Army together at Valley Forge and lead it to ultimate victory in the Revolutionary War.   8)

http://wiki.w2n.net/pages/Friedrich_Wilhelm_von_Steuben.w2n

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »

Let's hear it for the Baron.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 05:56:12 PM »
Hear, Hear!

Offline imthduke

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 06:29:07 PM »

Duke:

What you have there in No. 1730  is the very rare "Baron von Steuben Commemorative." Without him, George Washington might not have been able to hold the Continental Army together at Valley Forge and lead it to ultimate victory in the Revolutionary War.   8)

http://wiki.w2n.net/pages/Friedrich_Wilhelm_von_Steuben.w2n

Hey I like this even better...a dual Commemorative....I did some research on the internet....I know it's true because it was there in print...this gun is the rare Ben Von Steubfranklin ;D

How did I get so lucky.

You guys with the low serial #s just eat your hearts out. ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:30:05 PM by imthduke »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »
Corey,
    All the best to your wife, I hope she makes a quick and complete recovery.

And if you need someone to watch and feed the pups let me know, I would be happy to do that. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson