Author Topic: This is unbelievable....what an idiot  (Read 6906 times)

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
Re: This is unbelievable....what an idiot
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »
Corey:

Dr. Ward is one of the original investors in the company and I believe served as a consultant with respect to the pistol's design in relation to the orthopedics of the human hand. I wouldn't be surprised if he had multiple R9s, but I think we now know who owns "No. 3."

Now, I have only a J.D., not an M.D. degree, but after 38 hours it's time for you to get some sleep!   8)

#3 with 3K rounds..I guess that has a nice ring to it!! ;)
He most likely has replacements available!! 8)

Corey,I agree with Richard,get some rest or you won't be good to anyone,trust me ,I know of what I speak..

Give your wife the best for me,and I will send some prayers your way..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »
Thanks guys for the thoughts and prayers.  I just got a hour and half nap and feel like a king.  I do still look forward to a real nights rest.  My wife is doing better tonight so things are looking up.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 08:39:18 PM »

So glad to hear it, Corey; I can empathize with you and know how difficult it can be. Your loved one's health puts everything else on the back burner.

Offline Wired

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 10:20:04 PM »
best wishes Corey.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 10:27:30 PM »
Corey.  Glad your wife is doing better.  Our thoughts and prayers are with her.  Hope you get some rest.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline imthduke

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2010, 11:02:59 AM »
Anyone care to respond to this email that was posted on another board? The question being, is the R9 a locked breach or a blowback design?

An e-mail from 2003.

"Thanks for inquiring about our new firearm. We are just about ready to go into production with shipments to begin in June. We will be filling orders received over the past year first so it may be a little while before you get to see one at your local dealer unless they had ordered one early on. If they did, chances are that you will see one in their showcase by the end of June. There is one question I must ask you, where do you live? There are some states that are not "gun friendly" so I hope you are in a "good" state. "Unfriendly States" will be waiting longer for the R-9 to arrive, if at all. The MSRP for the R-9 is $945.00. It comes with two magazines. The R-9 is a locked breach delayed blowback design. Hope I have answered your questions for now, any further questions feel free to eMail or phone me at 1-631-847-3999 or toll free at 1-800-803-2233.

Best Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh

V.P./ Sec.

Rohrbaugh Firearms"

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »

The R9 manual states that it is a locked breech design.

Offline imthduke

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2010, 11:57:07 AM »
I really don't understand the difference between a blowback design and a "delayed blowback". A poster was insisting that it was a blowback, so I am sure this email will galvanize his opinion to that effect.

As I understand the two designs: the pure blowback design has a fixed barrel. Is that correct?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »

That is correct.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2010, 12:05:01 PM »
And to expand tracker's remarks; here is the manual, scroll to page 3.

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/pdf/owners_manual.pdf
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2010, 12:07:25 PM »

Here is more discussion, maybe more than anyone wants to read but it is thorough.

http://yarchive.net/gun/pistol/blowback_vs_locked.html

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2010, 12:09:10 PM »
Perhaps this from page 2 of the current Owner's Instruction Manual:

[size=10]That brought us to the reliability issue. Regardless of advances in technology, the common denominator of reliability remains simplicity. The fewer things there are that can go wrong, the fewer there are that may go wrong at the worst possible moment. By adapting the time-tested locked breech mechanism to a design utilizing state of the art materials for strength and weight, and by eliminating the frills and “gizmos” of many current semi-automatic pistols, we have tried to create as completely a reliable weapon as possible.  [Emphasis added.][/size]

http://www.rohrbaughfirearms.com/pdf/owners_manual.pdf

The description of locked-breech vs. straight-blowback designs attributed to Charles Petty at the following link may also be of interest:

http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?action=printpage;topic=55562.0

____

Note: I was working on the above post when Tracker and KJ posted their excellent responses.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:11:32 PM by Richard_S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 12:09:48 PM »
Yep!  I just read that.  It is thorough.

Offline imthduke

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 12:38:05 PM »
Thanks so much for that very complete information.

One additional question. Why would Karl Rohrbaugh in his email classify the R9 as a "locked breach blowback design"?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »
If Eric is quoted correctly, he said "locked breech delayed blow back", quite different from straight blow back. The manual just says locked breech.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 12:51:29 PM by tracker »