Author Topic: R9S Concealed Carry thoughts, 18 days and counting  (Read 7167 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: R9S Concealed Carry thoughts, 18 days and coun
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 12:44:55 PM »
Same thing in NC and some stores have the no guns signs.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2010, 02:55:17 PM »
New Jersey has an implied "no carry" sign over its entire border. NJ state motto is (partially) borrowed from New Hampshire; "Live Free Or Die". In New Jersey, it is shortened to "Die".

My brother, an MD, got "sick and tired of lawyers and HMOs", left his medical practice and bought an upscale country inn, restaurant and pub. Following my corporate buyout, some years ago, I resettled here, finally discovered what CCW is all about and I carry a gun to work.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2010, 03:01:07 PM »

You probably don't watch the TV series, "Jersey Shore."

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2010, 03:11:18 PM »
tracker: CORRECT. Jersey Shore is an embarrassment. It says something about our culture when we make celebrities out of drunken kids whose behavior deserves scorn instead of attention.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »

Having never watched it either, I agree with you. A friend of mine and Dermatologist retired to a farm outside of Fairfield Vt.
His name is Troy Felber and quite a nice guy if you're in that area and run across him.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2010, 07:58:58 PM »
tracker: I can't find Fairfield on my Vermont atlas. I live within the Green Mountain Nat'l Forest; south central Vermont about 35 miles south of the Calvin Coolidge National Site. (Do we need Cal now, or what?)

My atlas lists a Fairfax but not a Fairfield. Fairfield, NJ? Got it. Fairfield, Connecticut? No problem. Fairfield, Vt? Uh uh.

As to Jersey Shore, and all "reality shows" what is it that people do not understand? When you place a camera in front of them, "reality" is distorted, at best, if not outright contrived.

Trivia contest for Texas residents only: What state, besides Texas, was a Republic prior to statehood?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2010, 08:04:45 PM »

Hawaii?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2010, 08:10:44 PM »
My mistake on Fairfield, a town or village in Vermont close to St. Albans, it is Fair Haven, close to Rutland and West Haven.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:12:03 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2010, 08:14:19 PM »
I'm not from Texas, but how about Vermont, and briefly California.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2010, 08:17:22 PM »

Hawaii it is: 1894-1898.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2010, 09:07:56 PM »

I think you are also correct, KJ; maybe the Republic of Mexico will be next by border crossing consensus. These dog days of August and slow news days are difficult.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
I've been meaning to ask you, tracker, know anything about Beeville, Texas.  I know of Hensley's Cafe' and Tea Room and that it's about 13,000 population, and that's about it for me.

I had a neighbor to move there about two months ago.  He's a Baptist preacher and got his first church there in Beeville.  How close is that to Houston?  Just curious.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2010, 09:49:23 PM »
The earliest Republic was Vermont. New York and New Hampshire were fighting over territorial rights for Vermont.

The green mountain boys fought them and established the Republic of Vermont.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2010, 09:52:04 PM »
Other than some Navy friends based at NAS Chase Field, a former Navy Jet training base, I don't know much about it. William Chase Stephenson, a NY architect, is responsible for many of the buildings there. I know that Bush 41 hunted quail there on a friend's ranch. My guess in today's times is that it is very challenging economically but it is not too far from the King Ranch. There are a few very wealthy ranch owners there with enormous oil/gas royalty incomes and a lot of poverty among the general populace. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeville,_Texas
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:20:55 PM by tracker »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2010, 10:21:14 PM »
Thanks.  I had pulled up that same website back before he moved just didn't know how close to Houston it was.