Author Topic: New R9S Models: Coyote, Covert, Custom & Tribute  (Read 13059 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New R9S Models: Coyote, Covert, Custom & Tribute
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 11:27:55 AM »
They would need to strip off the Anodize on the Tribute so probably no different than stripping the black off the standard model.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:49 PM »
I've said before that I'd like to have a Rohrbaugh in NP3+

It looks like the Tribute Model is just stainless steel on anodized aluminum, so if that's true, that would be the model that I'd want to purchase to send to Robar.

On the other hand, if there is a price markup on the Tribute model that exceeds the cost for Robar to strip the black coating off the standard model then it doesn't make sense to get the Tribute.

Yep!  Just buy a standard model, have Robar do the work, and apply the NP3+ finish; save some bucks.   
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:32:03 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Robar233

• Master
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 06:54:02 PM »
I have to put in my two cents on this one. I am not a fan of the tan on a pocket pistol. This color is fine for a desert combat gun or for someone who has served in the desert and wants a tan pocket pistol in honor of that.
 Outside of this I just don't see the draw or point very well.
 I wish the time/effort/expense by Karl & company was spent on another caliber.

Yes, I know what opinions are like and I have one of those too!

:( Robar233

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 07:09:18 PM »
I have to put in my two cents on this one. I am not a fan of the tan on a pocket pistol. This color is fine for a desert combat gun or for someone who has served in the desert and wants a tan pocket pistol in honor of that.
 Outside of this I just don't see the draw or point very well.
 I wish the time/effort/expense by Karl & company was spent on another caliber.

Yes, I know what opinions are like and I have one of those too!

:( Robar233

I didn't like the tan at first, then got an M & P, not a .22, in the tan (dark earth).  I'm getting to like it; as with the Glock pistol; didn't like it at all, now have two, so................things change, at least for me.    :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:11:45 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34:56 AM »
I can understand where Karl was coming from for the tan pistol.  There is a certain nut on YouTube who reviews guns and basically at the end of a review he'll say something to the effect "The other negative about this pistol is that it doesn't come in desert tan."  And there are a lot of like minded individuals out there who have an illogical craving for desert camo weapons, even though they don't live in the desert and probably will never use their weapons in the desert.  If you want to see how popular it is - look at all the desert camo duracoat jobs that people do on perfectly good pistols.  Ugh...  but anyway, it's a selling point, and I wouldn't doubt that there is someone out there salivating over the R9 Coyote and saving up their pennies to get one, all because it's Ceracoated coyote brown (or whatever color it is).

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Ken

I agree 100%. at first I was not a fan. The more pictures I see, the more I am liking it. I would really like to see one in person before spending that kind of money though.

I know Rohrbaugh  is going to offer custom R9s. I wonder if  the Ceracoat finish will be available? One of the features on the Coyote I dont like is the black barrel.
I have owned several Wilson Combat 1911s and i know what the barrels looked with their black finish after a few rounds. The last WC i owned had a silver barrel.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 10:03:51 AM »
Adam

Same here, on the black part of the barrel of the Coyote.  I've been thinking the same on the wear.  Any black barrel of a gun may show the wear problem, so with that, I'm going rethink it for awhile.  I am liking the tan more, but have to think of what the black will look like after some rds are fired.  Just looked at the Glocks; they show no wear at the present time.

Don't know if the Cerakoat finish will be available, however, hope so.  The Custom R9's are going to be interesting, for sure. 
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:04:38 PM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 01:25:31 PM »
I can understand where Karl was coming from for the tan pistol.  There is a certain nut on YouTube who reviews guns and basically at the end of a review he'll say something to the effect "The other negative about this pistol is that it doesn't come in desert tan."  And there are a lot of like minded individuals out there who have an illogical craving for desert camo weapons, even though they don't live in the desert and probably will never use their weapons in the desert.  If you want to see how popular it is - look at all the desert camo duracoat jobs that people do on perfectly good pistols.  Ugh...  but anyway, it's a selling point, and I wouldn't doubt that there is someone out there salivating over the R9 Coyote and saving up their pennies to get one, all because it's Ceracoated coyote brown (or whatever color it is).

I can too, now that I think of the M&P I have.  The dark earth is somewhat different than the tan, however, I do like it.  Others are probably going to like the tan as well. 

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 11:56:00 PM »
Some nice pics of the more special models