Author Topic: The range report I wish I didn't have 2 write  (Read 25347 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: The range report I wish I didn't have 2 write
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 11:36:53 PM »

More precisely, the UpLULA; mine hasn't arrived yet.

Offline robfxlr

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 04:00:39 AM »
The tempermental nature of this "Safe Queen" and its short life spring caused me to go with the Kahr P380. After about 400 rounds, I can honestly say, it was the best move I ever did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I'm a cunning linguist and a master debater!"..............Austin Powers

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 07:26:27 AM »
More precisely, the UpLULA; mine hasn't arrived yet.

Even more precisely, the packaging has it labeled the Maglula
UpLULU.    :)     ;)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »

Some one must on the line must have had a sense of humor and an ex named Lulu. A friend of mine bought a new Pontiac Bonneville and the chrome letters across the trunk said, "Pootiac." He kept and cherished the car.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 02:05:15 PM »
I had wondered where that name came from!     ;D     ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 02:11:12 PM »
A friend of mine bought a new Pontiac Bonneville and the chrome letters across the trunk said, "Pootiac." He kept and cherished the car.

Your friend, definitely, had a unique car.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
The tempermental nature of this "Safe Queen" and its short life spring caused me to go with the Kahr P380. After about 400 rounds, I can honestly say, it was the best move I ever did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rob.  To each his own.  We can't all like the same things and that's good.  Glad you are happy with the Kahr.

Offline Kayaker

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 02:01:30 AM »
So second day at the range with the Special Forces R9.  Maria had recommended th t I replace the recoil spring even though my gun was reported to have had only 5 rounds fired through it when I purchased it.  The replacement spring was indeed 3/8" longer than the existing spring and it also felt slightly stiffer, but otherwise apparently identical.

The first mag of Hydrashocks, no problem.  The second mag of Hydroshocks, failure to feed with the first round after manually racking the slide.  Couldn't get this first round to feed even with different Hydroshock cartridges.  Same problem using the other magazine.  THen shot one mag of WWB fine.  Shot one mag with first round WWB, rest of mag Hydrashocks no problem.

So now I have fired only 3 mags and things start getting uglier.  I continued with my combo of first round WWB, rest of mag Hshocks.  I would get about 3 failure to feeds per mag, though these could all be remedied by pushing on the slide.  I shot about 5 mags like this with FTF's at random times, sometimes the WWB and sometimes the Hshocks. On the next mag, last round I had a FTE and called it quits as I fugrued I was over 50 rounds.

I allowed the gun to cool between mags, started with a well oiled and clean gun, shot with two hands with solid grip( no limp wristing).  Sounds to me like I still have a problem gun.  I'll have to see what Maria recommends next.

To my eye, it looks as if the first round is lined up properly towards the ramp, but when I release the slide the round ends up moving parallel to the barrel and jamming below the ramp rather than moving up the ramp.  Magazine spring problem?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 07:18:48 AM »
Kayaker.  I would only be guessing.  Could be the mag spring.  You're right in calling Maria for the next step.  Sorry you are having all these problems.  

Offline Kayaker

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 08:56:18 PM »
After talking to MAria for a couple of minutes, she took my number and said that one of the guys would call me back.  In a few minutes, I got a call back from Karl R who talked to  me afor a few minutes and then suggested that I return the gun for him to inspect.

He also confirmed that most R9's have a particular appetite.  His likes 115 gr SIlvertips.  A well known gun writer( whose name I missed) says that his prefers 147 gr bullets.  But then again, you guys knwo this alrady.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 11:17:40 PM »
I agree with the Silvertips, for sure!   Yes!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
After talking to MAria for a couple of minutes, she took my number and said that one of the guys would call me back.  In a few minutes, I got a call back from Karl R who talked to  me afor a few minutes and then suggested that I return the gun for him to inspect.

He also confirmed that most R9's have a particular appetite.  His likes 115 gr SIlvertips.  A well known gun writer( whose name I missed) says that his prefers 147 gr bullets.  But then again, you guys knwo this alrady.

Kayaker.  What's the status of your Special Forces R9?  Just curious.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:38:06 PM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2010, 01:02:47 PM »
Kayaker.  I guess you got your Special Forces R9 problem resolved.  Still curious.  I thought I would ask again as I saw you were signed in at the time.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:56:38 PM by kjtrains »

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
IRe: The range report I wish I didn't have 2 write
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »
I too would like to know how things turned out!!

My guess would be OAL of the Hydros..

BTW,I love my Lula loaders,I have a couple different ones!!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:43:58 AM by Brenden »
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2010, 08:43:37 AM »
For some reason he will not answer.    :(