Author Topic: A short and quiet 12  (Read 2923 times)

Offline chrisodasso@comcast.net

• Expert
A short and quiet 12
« on: August 16, 2023, 04:17:23 PM »
A year ago, I said I’d report back on the Keltec Tactical model, (shortest KSG) with suppressor.  I had to wait for ATF clearance.

I was hoping that with subsonic shells (Federal birdshot) and the 12 inch Salvo suppressor, it would be very quiet.  And, when my neighbor came over to join me, he said, “It didn’t sound like you were shooting a 12 gauge.”  I could shoot it without my ears ringing.  Still, it wasn’t the quiet I unrealistically hoped for.

The shotgun requires a firm ejection and loading stroke.  It works flawlessly with a commitment. Without firm action, it can fail to load.

All in all, it is an extremely short and quiet 12 gauge package and the coolest looking thing.  It has a built-in light and a rail for optics; both features are great.  But a 12 gauge is a 12 gauge, and there are more pleasant gauges and calibers to plink with.  After a dozen or so rounds, I was ready to put it up for a while.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
Re: A short and quiet 12
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2023, 10:52:58 PM »
Nice review Chris.

I've been wondering about those suppressors.  Seen plenty of videos from Europe where shotgun suppressors have been a thing for quite a while now.  I like the idea, just never dipped my toe into that part of the pond.