Author Topic: New MECO split holster  (Read 17880 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: New MECO split holster
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 05:08:14 PM »
Gene.  Get another one just to admire, and one to keep in your pocket; problem solved!    ;D
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline sdlsaginaw

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Ahh, that would explain the panic in the shopping mall...  ;)

"Security!  Man with a gun, in a FANTASTIC looking holster, by the Orange Julius"   ;D

I don't know if I'll ever be able give you guys a report on this thing...I can't keep it in my pocket long enough to get any information . Seems like I'm taking it out of my pocket and looking at it every few minutes. This thing just gets better looking each time I see it!! Each time I see one of Robert's holsters I'm amazed all over again at the quality of workmanship involved. The quality of your advice ain't too shabby either.        Gene    PS I still say "Honey Brown" sounds like the name of a stripper. ;D ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
Ahh, that would explain the panic in the shopping mall...  ;)

"Security!  Man with a gun, in a FANTASTIC looking holster, by the Orange Julius"   ;D

;D ;D
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »
     OK, it's two weeks later, and here are my impressions of the Meco split holster. First, let me say that as much as I liked it on sight that it's even more beautiful now. Function, A1!, it's been my only carry in that time so I've gotten pretty well acquainted with it, the split allows some flex when I bend or stoop which is very comfortable. It prints, but then so does everything else you put in your pocket, it just doesn't look as much like a pistol as some holsters do. In summation, I like it a lot, and I'll like it more as time goes on. And best of all, it's a Meco!!                   Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »
Thanks for that report, Gene.  We now know that it works, already knew it was georgeous; and most of us knew it would work, as it's a MECO!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline robertmeco

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 11:57:08 PM »
Gene thank you for the report glad it is working out for you
robertmeco

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2010, 07:50:24 AM »
Great report. If you recall I to have the MECO split holster, only I have not worn it much. I need to, as I like it and I know that it works, but just not to which degree it works. I'm stuck with a couple of my other holsters I've been wearing lately and can't break free.
What pistol is you MECO Split holster made for by the way?
Mine is for my Seecamp.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
   Chameleon, my holster is elephant and is for my Rohrbaughs. I had seen your holster on the Seecamp forum and liked it a lot. I especially love the color of yours. I just about ordered one like it, but Robert (Meco) had been telling me about the new elephant skin he had gotten so I decided to try it. I'm glad I did as I really like the holster. When you've carried yours enough to have an opinion of it, let us know how you like it.     Gene
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 12:52:17 PM by birdman »
birdman

Offline hdfb910

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2010, 10:55:53 AM »
I received my Meco split holster done in black shark a few weeks ago.  This is a fantastic design and I would highly recommend.  Works great and the top flap really does break up the lines of the pistol.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
   hd etc. I have a Seecamp front pocket holster in black shark skin that I got from Meco last year. It's beautiful!. I'm thinkin' that the black shark skin split holster like you have will be my next R9 order from Robert.      Gene
birdman

Offline spursguy10

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »
This split holster really interests me, how much thinner is it than the orginal back pocket holster? I currently carry my r9 in meco back pocket holster in my dockers everyday for work. It shows wear marks where the holster sits all day.

Do ya'll think mecos split holster would do the same?
What other back-pocket holsters would work so I can stop ruining my dockers!
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
-Clint Eastwood

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 02:15:26 PM »
You might look at these. I have never carried in a back pocket so I can not offer any first hand experience.

http://pocketholsters.com/Rohrbaugh_R9_Pocket_Wallet_Hol/rohrbaugh_r9_pocket_wallet_hol.html

John
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:17:53 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
This split holster really interests me, how much thinner is it than the orginal back pocket holster? I currently carry my r9 in meco back pocket holster in my dockers everyday for work. It shows wear marks where the holster sits all day.

Do ya'll think mecos split holster would do the same?
What other back-pocket holsters would work so I can stop ruining my dockers!

Do you mean a rectanglular "outside" the pocket wear mark?
Like a can of Skoal makes in blue jean pockets of cowboys, i.e. the Texas condom.

Offline spursguy10

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 03:25:53 PM »
Yes, I trade between 6 pair of dockers a week. One for each business day and shorts on sunday! The rectangular shape in my rear pocket forming from the r9 and the meco holster.

I am looking to replace the holster with something slimmer. I am a big fan of mecos holsters but would be up to trying a new makers holster as long as it isnt as hard on my dockers.

I have been thinking of desantis superfly in the backpocket or perhaps mecos new split holster?

Any thoughts?
I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
-Clint Eastwood

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
I would think that any holster with a different size and/or shape would do the trick.   Just so the outline is not identical.

Good Luck