Author Topic: RECLUSE Prototype!  (Read 19129 times)

Offline Recluse

• Expert
Re: RECLUSE Prototype!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »
Okay, since Birdman can't see straight with a stick in his eye, how many think I should just send him a reject?

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 07:36:03 PM »
Before our esteemed member damages his vision out of frustration, I vote for sending him a so-called "reject" at cost -- provided, however, that he provide us with a full and complete field test report.   :D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 09:07:19 PM »
My vote is yes.  Send Birdman (Gene) the reject.   ;D   Don't want him to lose an eye.    
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 03:09:31 PM »
       Recluse, is there any news or uptakes on your new holster? I know we haven't heard anything about it for a while. Give us a post and let us know what's happening.   Thanks, Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »
Gee whiz, Gene.  That has been awhile.  I haven't even seen Recluse sign in during this time.    :(
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 10:10:42 PM »
Thus a fitting screen name and maybe for a reason.

Recluse
A recluse is someone in isolation who hides away from the attention of the public, a person who lives in solitude.
 The word is from the Latin recludere, which means "shut up" or "sequester". ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 10:22:19 PM »

Not surprisingly, it is also an Italian word which means to imprison or confine. Harken all ye etymologists.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
Whoa.  Where have you guys been?  This is the name of this person's holster for which he has a company Recluse Holsters.

At any rate something must not have worked out with him making a holster for the R9.

http://www.recluseholster.com/

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »
Okay, guys-  Still here.

We've got Front-pocket holsters available, but are trying some changes to the Square-pocket version.

The spare magazine in the one I was using was coming into contact with the R9's trigger guard, and eventually wore off a small spot of the finish.  This is why I like to try things out for quite a while before making them available.  It sure looked like we had a winner, but an extended time proved otherwise.  We're goofing off with a couple of better designs, and they should be available soon.

I've been carrying my Pup in Recluse holsters for a couple months now, and have been very happy.  I guess it's time to let you guys try them, too.....

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
Recluse.  Thanks for the update.  

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
Post up a pic when you get a chance.

Offline Recluse

• Expert

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 11:27:11 PM »

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 11:47:43 PM »
   I want one!!, black, right hand. Just like in the pictures. Tell me how much and where to send it. Gene
birdman

Offline Recluse

• Expert
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 11:52:27 PM »
birdman-

With, or without a sharp stick for your eye?