Author Topic: Which gun to sell for R9s?  (Read 9045 times)

Offline ArnelO

Re: Which gun to sell for R9s?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2005, 11:57:28 AM »
R9SCarry, that's an awesome FAQ site!!

PsychoSword, unfortunately, the 340pd has the lock.

Offline jarcher

• Master
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2005, 02:50:46 PM »
I know I'll regret asking this, but how much do you want for the G27?

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 08:55:41 PM »
Hey Jarcher,

I'd like to get $350 obo for each of the Glocks and $450 obo on the S&W 340pd or use them to trade for a R9s  ;D  BTW, the G23 comes with 3 10-rd mags.  I also have holsters that I can throw in.

I haven't put them up for sale yet because I was hoping to pick up the R9s this past weekend to have a carry piece but unfortunately, our weather didn't cooperate  :'(

Let me know if you're interested.  Thanks!

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
The 340PD is over $600.00 now.I think like $650, and that's a good deal.
However, my good friend who owns, and shot both the R9, and 340PD said that firing the R9 is much more comfortable.

I just hope that you get good return on the 340, don't give these great guns you have away just to get an R9.

I'd sell one of your Glocks, put the money in an envelope in the safe, and add to that every chance you get.
If you give the dealer the down payment, you would have several months to get the balance up.

I just realized that I own a R9, and a 340PD, but I have shot neither.

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2005, 11:52:17 PM »
Chameleon, thanks for looking out  :)

I did pay a lot for the 340pd and love how light it is!  My only problem with it is that it's a little bulky for my pocket.  I really don't want to sell it but I need a good pocket gun and I'm not very comfortable with a .380.  If I can sell the Glocks, then I'll probably just keep the 340pd.  I'm sure that that the R9 is much more comfortable but there's nothing like the rush of firing the .357 and watching the big flame coming from the barrel  :o

You should definitely shoot those toys  ;)

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 01:05:52 AM »
So after some very wise advice (Thanks TW and Chameleon!!), I've decided to rescind my offer of selling the 340pd for now and just sell the Glocks... whew, that feels better  :D

It didn't feel right selling such a wonderful gun at such a low price!

Thanks again guys  ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2005, 11:47:44 PM »
>>So ArnelO...

Where do you now stand in pursuit of your R9...?...and selling off other guns to finance it...?  Have you decided to give me that Smith 340PD to save yourself from doing something silly with it...?...**widegrins**

Keep us posted on your R9 excitements...!...TW<<

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2005, 01:18:15 AM »
Hey TW,

I took the S&W 340pd, my Glocks and the H&K P7 to the range this past weekend to help me figure out the next step in my quest for the perfect CCW.  I had not fired the P7 previously and all I can say is WOW !!!  That gun is amazing... I've never shot more accurately in my life so the P7 is definitely a keeper  ;D  In fact, I've joined the "Cult of P7" and I feel this overwhelming urge to get another P7  :o   I can't believe how addicting that gun is!

The 340pd was still a lot of fun to shoot and can't be beat as far as being the most powerful in the lightest package... so it's probably going to stay as my ankle gun.  I appreciate your concern so I'll let you know if I decide to do something silly like sell it later  ;)

I'm planning on selling the Glocks and if I can find a good deal on a R9s, then I'll probably pick one up but that P7 is like a drug calling to me  :-[

Thanks again for bringing me back to my senses  ;D

Offline PsychoSword

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2005, 04:15:03 AM »
R9SCarry, that's an awesome FAQ site!!

PsychoSword, unfortunately, the 340pd has the lock.

Then I'd sell the 340 too..  ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Which gun to sell for R9s?
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2005, 11:41:02 AM »
>>OK guys...  Call me naive, but there are a couple things I don't know about...  Like the lock on the new Smiths - why do people shy away from them...?...does it degrade the trigger action / other functions of these guns...?

Also, what the heck does "OBO" stand for when people list an item for sale...?

Finally, ArnelO...what's the big deal about your P7 compared to other quality guns...?  Maybe I should have THAT gun - lol...!  Face it...you need the R9, so go sell the Glocks and go buy one...!  Seems there are several for sale here on the Classifides site.

You know, it's fun to watch folks squirm over buying the R9...  Eventually most of them end up buying one (or more).  And now the folks at the factory have made it so easy as they are now putting out something like 50 guns a week.  I pity the folks who decide NOT to buy an R9...after all - they are only fooling themselves.  LOL...!...TW<<

Thanks in advance for the education

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2005, 11:55:17 AM »
...what's the big deal about your P7 compared to other quality guns...?  Maybe I should have THAT gun - lol...!  

I, too, just bought a P7M8...yesterday. WOW is the right word. I love it! If you like thin trim profile of a gun, like the R9, you will love the P7. Elegant is the theme throughout! And the engineering design is so unique that you just have to see one in person to truely admire it. After an amazing session at the range, I opened her up for a cleaning session and the details inside just took my breath away....If you like QUALITY (and expensive  ;D ) toys, a P7 should be up there on your list! Just ask FlyandScuba....  ;D

Cheers!

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2005, 12:35:53 PM »
[size=13] what the heck does "OBO" stand for[/size]

TW - ''Or Best Offer'' - usually means the seller will ''negotiate'' - if you however are seller and put that - chances are your asking price will never me met!!

I have no major prob with the locks - dislike them on principle I guess cos of what they stand for!!  I have them on my M629-6 and M625-6.  Neither gun is used for carry so the ultra remote chance of anything ''binding up'' does not worry me, tho I know it does concern some folks.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2005, 01:31:16 PM »
>>Chris O Noble One...

Thanks for the clarifications and educations.  I should have known to go to you straight out.  

So here's one for you...  Ha...!...  What is your opinion of the Iver Johnson M-1 Carbine Pistol remake...?  See...  I LOVE my original M-1 Carbine for a bunch of reasons = all parts same manufacturer...great condition...tack driver...swell defensive weapon...a hoot to shoot.  

I'm now looking at this Pistol version (the remake), which looks to be in fine condition, comes with box and all papers, and also looks to have potential as a fun gun all for ~ $320 clams.  What I don't know is if this gun's parts are interchangeable with the original version or other M-1 Carbine variants...however - I'm not sure that I care.  I've seen only one other Pistol variant and that was an original WWII version at a gun show...so I have no idea how hard it is to find these clones, much less the originals.  

So, my Noble all knowing friend...  When you (or anyone else for that matter if in the know) get a moment...please consider enlightening me about this weapon.

Of course...then there is the P7 which folks here are raving about - lol...!  I have an H&K Compact .45 which is a charm to shoot...so I can only guess about the P7 for now.

So many guns...so little room left in the safe (wife says if it doesn't fit in the safe...it doesn't come in the house...of course my solution is to just buy another safe).

P.S...ArnelO...sorry for going off topic here...seems I just got carried away...so I'll be quiet now...TW<<  
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005, 01:35:07 PM by TW »

Offline Ubik380

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2005, 01:34:01 PM »
I believe that one of the reasons the P7 is such a good shooter is that the design encourages a strong grip. A good strong grip makes the trigger finger less likely to "jerk" and pull the gun off target when shooting. Next time at the range try holding the R9 with a tighter-than-usual grip and see if your accuracy improves. I know this worked for me.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2005, 01:35:29 PM »
One can not have too many safes.    Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus