Author Topic: Which gun to sell for R9s?  (Read 9046 times)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Re: Which gun to sell for R9s?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2005, 02:29:31 PM »
TW - as ever you flatter me! :)

I'll be totally honest - I know squat about the M1 pistola remake dealie.  I have heard of it and no more.  Could be if you posted a request for info over on THR there might be some useful input.

The P7M8 - buddy has one and - it is without doubt a great shooter but know what - I have not yet been over enthused even tho I have shot one.  Sure it's nice and handles well but despite what we spend on our pups, somehow I wouldn't go that high for one of them.  Just me.

I love my SIG! 8)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline BlueGrips

• Expert
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2005, 03:10:23 PM »
Chris: It would complement your R9s very well!  ;D

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2005, 03:46:08 PM »
The P7 and a R9s look like they belong together  ;D

I've got the P7 PSP with the European mag realease so it is very slim with nothing on the sides to get in the way of a quick draw and it is the most accurate gun that I've tried so far.  I was able to get a non-refurb P7 for much less than what a used R9s is going for!!

I don't understand why the R9s used is still being priced at the same or close to the same price as a new one, especially with production being ramped up  ???   I may wait until more used ones enter the market and the price goes down a bit  ;)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2005, 04:32:33 PM »
If nothing else the H&K P7 has great proof marks. It is also worth buying it for just that. It is a good looking gun and shoots well, but is a little heavy for the caliber.     Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Which gun to sell for R9s?
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2005, 06:02:33 PM »
>>Not meaning to be disrespectful to P7 owners, but I find the gun looks kinda funny with that pistol grim cocker thingie...reminds me of those toy guns which shoot sparks out the barrel when you grab on to a similar looking grip part.  But that's just me, never having shot a P7 before...TW<<

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2005, 06:11:36 PM »
I really like the proof marks!

We should have a couple on the R9S.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2005, 06:47:05 PM »
TW, You just read too many space age fiction comic books..hahah     Tom

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2005, 08:23:26 PM »
TW,

I like watching my P7 shoot sparks after I pull the trigger  ;D

Seriously though, i think that the accuracy is directly related to the pinned barrel in combination with keeping one focused on a good grip  :)

If you're ever down in the Miami area, you can try it out for yourself.

BTW, I still want a R9s  8)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Which gun to sell for R9s?
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2005, 10:24:24 PM »
>>Hi ArnelO...

Thanks for the invite to try out your P7 one of these days.  Although I go to Florida once or twice a year on business - haven't been down to Miami in 20 years.  Perhaps the P7 will give me reason.  I'll probably be carrying an R9 as I have a Florida CC permit...so if you haven't gotten one of your own by then you can at least try one out.  

Likewise - if ever you make it up to the Northern Virginia area you have an open invite to try out my R9 and other guns...and if our guest room is unoccupied you are welcome to it for your stay.  I just hope you aren't a wacko cause then I might have to introduce you to the business end of my R9...see...?...lol...!...TW<<

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2005, 02:11:19 PM »
If there is a city that one needs a carry permit, it's Miami.  
Tom

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2005, 12:14:02 AM »
TW, thanks for the offer and the warning  :o  No worries... I'm the one usually putting the wackos away  ;)

Tom, what do you mean?!  Miami is such a warm and fuzzy place  ::)  Well, at least I don't have to shovel snow any more  ;D

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2005, 12:36:28 AM »
I am such a new owner of a R9, I keep forgetting the only other nine milimeter handgun I own is a P7.
I didn't give it much thought until Tom mentioned it, but the P7 is much heavier than the R9....but then again what nine isn't heavier than a R9?

The R9 offers accuracy, concelability,and reliability in a very light and small package. That is awful hard to beat.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2005, 11:14:03 AM »
amen          Tom

Offline ArnelO

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2005, 07:20:51 PM »
You guys are making it very hard to resist getting an R9s !!!

There's going to be another gun show in my area in a few weeks so I'll be able to see one in person.  If I can find one at a good price, I'll probably sell my Glocks at the same time  ;D

Offline EdMan

• Expert
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2005, 03:32:28 PM »
I have all of the pistols you have, except the HK P7, which you should definitley keep. I think you should also keep the Glock 23. My G23 loaded with 14 .40cal Speer 165gr GDHPs is my primary home defense pistol. My wife's gun is a S&W 342 loaded with 2 rounds of .38spl 148gr lead WC, then 3 Speer .38spl 135gr +P GDHPs. I figure that if the first 2, low recoil 148gr WCs, (which she shoots well) don't get the job done then she won't notice the recoil of the +Ps if she has to fire them. So it looks like that leaves the Glock 27. I really like my G27, but it is a little too large to carry unless you have a jacket on to conceal it. Enjoy your Rohrbaugh.

Ed