Author Topic: New R9S Stealth  (Read 7058 times)

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
Re: New R9S Stealth
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 09:01:21 PM »
Richard,

Thank you for the post regarding Renaissance Wax. That stuff is fabulous. I have never used it on a firearm. However, as a custom knife collector I am familiar with the product.

Just smelling that stuff makes me happy. Do I neeed rehab?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »
Rubbed a little Eezox on the grips.

Looks great to me!!   :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »
Perhaps this is an appropriate time and place to repost a link to a product which I use on all of my firearms and holsters.

http://www.woodfinishsupply.com/RenWax.html

And another link:

http://www.picreator.co.uk/articles/3_renaissance_wax.htm

Richard!  Thanks for the links!!  I'm ordering a can!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline deercop

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »

Looks great to me!!   :)    :)

Thanks!!  I believe in "form follows function", in which case these are quite functional for me, even if some others feel the need to rag on their looks.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »
Richard,

Thank you for the post regarding Renaissance Wax. That stuff is fabulous. I have never used it on a firearm. However, as a custom knife collector I am familiar with the product.

Probably!!   :)    :D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 08:12:34 AM »
Richard,

;D  I know what you mean. Now . . . if this group could somehow design, produce, and market an alcohol-based product having the aroma combination of Renaissance Wax, Brasso, Ballistol, gunpowder, and jet fuel, we might just have the ultimate after shave lotion and all get rich.  ;)  
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 09:36:25 AM »
Richard: Excellent. What product name do you recommend?
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 09:40:30 AM »

;D  I know what you mean. Now . . . if this group could somehow design, produce, and market an alcohol-based product having the aroma combination of Renaissance Wax, Brasso, Ballistol, gunpowder, and jet fuel, we might just have the ultimate after shave lotion and all get rich.  ;)  

That would be the gusto of after shave lotion!!   ;D    ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:38 AM »
Richard: Excellent. What product name do you recommend?

What about "El Olor de la Victoria" [The Smell of Victory]?   ;D
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »
I think that's good!   ;D    ;D

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »
Used only after the sun goes over the yardarm(sp?), right?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
Could have a spinoff called "Napalm in the Morning" (Line from Francis Ford Coppola's Apocalypse Now).   ;D    :D