Author Topic: Models and options  (Read 6556 times)

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
Re: Models and options
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2009, 02:12:50 AM »
agreed! thanks and I will be jumping in soon and actually am getting excited.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 04:07:38 AM »
Fat_boy, you made a good point.  I also would be interested in seeing an outlined genealogy of the R9 over the years.  I have picked up a lot reading here, but a comprehensive listing of the models and features would be a great reference to guide purchases of used pups.  Even if the serial numbers were not included, any evolutionary listing would be great.
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
agreed! thanks and I will be jumping in soon and actually am getting excited.

Fat Boy.  Go ahead and take the plunge!!   The Rohrbaugh you choose will not disappoint you!!   :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 09:06:54 PM »
Fat boy

I don't have your answers but I concur with your concern. I have owned four (4) R9s and have never recovered from having sold my Farmingdale One Tone with CF grips; the finest R9 ever, in my view.

I now own two R9s, including a two tone CF grip early gun that I bought on gunbroker for over $1400.00 (Note string CIA-FBI).

The premium R9s cost what they do for a reason. Though I do not own one (YET) I am glad they make them. Good luck with your decision and I hope someone will advise you exactly what it is you are buying if you select a premium model.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
Well I have searched and talked a lot to different individuals and guns shops as well as posting on here a little bit and I believe have come down to my final choices.  Step one I decided to go with a new gun.  In my travels I have been lucky enough to find four models to look at and hold and help me decide what I am going to do.  First I have say it is VERY easy to fall in love with this gun because of the quaility and second the search for understanding the models has been limited and somewhat frustrating but I believe I understand this more because the R9 is truly handmade and individually cared for and being developed and this lends each  "model" to being almost each gun or small run of guns.  I have pretty much decided on either the Stealth or the Special Forces.  I love black and I love stainless steel and I REALLY liked the Elite it was painful for me to set that gun down and not want to buy it as well.  Because I have seen these four guns I know where someone can buy the "Special Forces" model if they want it NOW!  The dealer is not a Rohrbaugh listed dealer and very unknowledgable and he is charging 2000.00 but if you want to get it now PM me and I'll send you the contact information.  The gun when I looked at it was perfect except apparently an issue with oiling the trigger or possible the grips were loose.  I also found at another dealer the "Standard" version at a fair price and in perfect condition and another dealer the "Elite" also in perfect condition, so if you want these guns now than pm me asap.  If I don't buy the "Stealth" and decided to go with the "Special Forces" than I'll give that info to whoever wants it.  I got to admit it was fun holding each of these and it was a tough search but with my traveling and desire at a peek I had to see these guns for myself.  Next up is finding the perfect pocket holster.  If someone has had several holsters in their personal search and would be willing to pm me their ultra choice I would appreciate it, thanks
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:59:11 PM by Fat_Boy »
Good Luck,
Fat Boy
EDC: HTC Touch Pro, Rohrbaugh R9, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible, CRT, Leather Tri-fold, SS Peanut Lighter, Bobster

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 04:17:03 PM »
* * * Next up is finding the perfect pocket holster.  If someone has had several holsters in their personal search and would be willing to pm me their ultra choice I would appreciate it, thanks

FB:

For me, this five-year-old Hedley Limited Edition is the "ultra choice" for my R9:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Fat Boy

• Expert
  • R9s Stealth
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation.  I have heard a lot of good things about this holster but it sounds like he is unable to produce anymore currently is that correct? or is there a place I can get one.
Good Luck,
Fat Boy

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 06:17:12 PM »
FB:

Yes, RJ is currently fighting illness and not accepting new orders for a while.  However, if you sign up for notices on the auction sites and watch the Buy/Sell section of this Forum, you can occasionally find one of his holsters being offered.

Also, Kevin Manley (K&D Holsters at http://www.kdholsters.com/) and Robert Meco (Meco Pocket Holsters at http://mecopocketholsters.com/) both offer superb leather concealment holsters and are supporters of this Forum.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:35 PM »
I concur with Robert Mecco as I have one of his in black with full stitching.  Works great!! :)    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2009, 07:28:38 PM »
Great; just what I need: A reminder that I sold my Hedley pocket holster with my Farmingdale one tone gun.

You don't need a pocket (or any other) holster when you live in NJ as there is no such thing as legal carry. I failed to look at the long term to include my ability to move to a gun friendly state.

My stupidity tends to occur in clusters.
Those who turn their guns into plowshares end up plowing for those that do not - Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »
My deepest sympathy on losing your two treasures together.

Offline ACP

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 09:44:41 PM »
Tracker

Why don't you live up to your name and track the Farmingdale and Hedley holster for me and get them back?

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2009, 09:47:32 PM »
Now there's a request!! ;D    ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2009, 10:53:03 PM »
The monicker of Tracker only reflects one of the Navy airplanes
I flew, not that of a miracle worker. Having sensed your loss I
certainly would do it if I could; do you know their location?

Offline orthoward

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2009, 10:58:06 PM »
to fat boy
I went on guns america but there is no ss framed R for sale. Could you have seen this elsewhere?  Either way, just wanted to followup to make sure no unlicensed dirty work afoot in the firearm  community. Thanks for the notification. Gotta protect the company.