Author Topic: This is unbelievable....what an idiot  (Read 6904 times)

Offline imthduke

This is unbelievable....what an idiot
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »
You guys gota read this thread...this guy says that Rohrbaugh says, after 150 rds that the R9 starts to fall apart.
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4135895&posted=1#post4135895

It's ignorance like this that drives me crazy....
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:38:29 PM by imthduke »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: This is unbelievable....what an idiot
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »
I just pay them NO ATTENTION!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline imthduke

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:48:20 PM »
I try to, but when they quote Karl Rohrbaugh, that he said, the R9 has a lifetime of about 150 rds....the ridiculously absurd is hard to ignore.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:52:52 PM »
But people will say anything to get others riled up.  It seems to fuel their ego.  They usually won't talk to themselves.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »
I like to feed the fire a little, and then not bother with there small minds. ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »
 ;D

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:48:46 PM »
Duke:

I'm not a member of that forum, but the poor misguided soul should probably be informed that the R9 is not a "blowback" design.   ::)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »
I just registered and posted something about the R9.  I can't believe anyone would believe such a tall tale - 150 rounds and it starts to fall apart... and people believe this?  Rubs me wrong I guess.
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:24 PM »
I think that rubs us all the wrong way.  Just have to consider the source.

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 10:43:03 PM »
Dan:

That was a good post. The individual in question reminds me of the old maxim, "Often wrong, but never in doubt."  

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »
Dan.  That was a good post.  Maybe those folks will now put their thinking caps on before chiming in again about the R9.

Offline imthduke

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »
Dan your da man ;D

I saved your post it was so spot on :)

His response was you better get your grammar improved...yeah right....never mind his wrong facts....that was only hearsay.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:00:58 PM by imthduke »

Offline orthoward

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 11:12:38 PM »
hey danny,  just saw your post.  i agree that this guy is so misinformed. i have been reading the firing line for years but never joined. this time, i just couldn't let it go. please see post so they can finally understand the concepts.
just amazed at how much crap is out there

Offline imthduke

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
Thanks for you guys that posted.

If someone doesn't like an R9....I am cool with that...like whatever gun that cranks your tractor.

However, when you begin to dissiminate so call "facts" that are clearly wrong and untrue....you need to be called on it.

I think some of this stuff comes from people who have never actually owned an R9, but they had a buddy that let them shot his once, and their buddy sold his because it was junk after 150 rds or those that just want to trash what they know it a quality fire arm.

Oh yeah, did I tell you that I had a buddy that let me drive his battle ship once.....he sold that sucker because it's guns jammed ever 5 rds. ;D

Offline DanR9SF

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 07:13:40 AM »
Whenever I see a post like that I'm going to respond with some facts.  You know, I've been introducing people to the R9 when I'm at a range or visiting friends... and everyone is really impressed with the product.  It really is the ultimate pocket gun.  
R9S and R9SF - Not For Sale